• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017: England V South Africa & West Indies

Good Shout Andy! I will tune into that.

How do you find these obscure channels? I have never heard of BBC RB.

The TMS charity cricket match : Boycott v Agnew T20 challenge is live on BBC RB (Channel 980) at 4pm if anyone is interested.

I'm watching this. It's actually comedy Gold. Gives me hope that my cricket career is not entirely over just yet! :smile:

Woakes is straight back in the team today then. A bit unfair on TRJ but hopefully he has done enough to go to Oz:thumbsup:

Good Shout Andy! I will tune into that.

How do you find these obscure channels? I have never heard of BBC RB.

No worries 'Matti'.

I think the BBC Red Button channels tend to appear in the high 900's. Useful for things like Wimbledon, when they have several matches on the Red Button.

It's also easier to record from there than using the Red Button option under the normal BBC channels.

Question : Rather than giving Cooky these last two matches, why didn't they play Hameed and Stoneman as openers?

We would also get to have Cooky for the County Championship.

Last edited:
Question : Rather than giving Cooky these last two matches, why didn't play Hameed and Stoneman as openers?

Good shout.I was wondering how we could get Hameed in for some game time. Then again CC1 bowling attacks will still be more of a threat than the current West Indies attack. And he will get two knocks in a game:winking:

Question : Rather than giving Cooky these last two matches, why didn't play Hameed and Stoneman as openers?

The only reason I could see, is that Cook is a calming influence with the "younger" players, but do agree good time to blood them as openers against a very weak W.Indies

Not sure two divisions would be great, can imagine crowds dropping with the countries in the lower division, and could you imagine an Ashes series if either us or Oz went into division 2

UTE

I'm kind of split on this one, this is a really good opportunity to rack up some runs and I'd really love Cook to chase down Satchin. Think he will get to 2nd spot without too much fuss and overtake Ponting but to overtake Tendulkar is going to be tough!

Not sure two divisions would be great, can imagine crowds dropping with the countries in the lower division, and could you imagine an Ashes series if either us or Oz went into division 2

UTE

I thought about this and I think you could still play test series that made you money and were tradition, even if in two separate divisions. It would just mean that points and standings wouldn't apply at the end of that series.

So, the Windies could still play us at home for say 3 tests, as it's good income for them. Would also give England a chance to try a few other players out, on the tour.

Good shout.I was wondering how we could get Hameed in for some game time. Then again CC1 bowling attacks will still be more of a threat than the current West Indies attack. And he will get two knocks in a game:winking:

Just warming up the humble pie. Running out of time for Oz selection at 2,3 and 5. Can see Hales getting the later still.

Just warming up the humble pie. Running out of time for Oz selection at 2,3 and 5. Can see Hales getting the later still.

Likewise. I'd be inclined to consider picking players who we know can hack it at international level like Hales, even if it's a different format.

Likewise. I'd be inclined to consider picking players who we know can hack it at international level like Hales, even if it's a different format.

He has got all his runs at #5 this season and will like the surfaces I suspect.

Listening to TMS on the way home last week and Aggers threw in his left field outsider to open in Australia. Chris Woakes :hilarious:

What a turn around for the Windies between this test and the first one.

Now 152-6 :sad:

Update: 258 All Out.

To be honest, it could have been a lot worse than that score. How many dropped catches did they have?

Hopefully, we might be able to take a few wickets in the last 45 minutes of the day.

Last edited:
Sadly, I agree.

I think he should be returned to his county tonight, so he can play some 4 day cricket starting tomorrow! :winking::cool:

Yeah, surely the writing is on the wall for him as batting at number three for England.

He's last four innings are;

9 runs
8 runs
3 runs
8 runs

The question is who does the captain & selectors think should replace him for the last test, and if they do, will they learn anything from their final 2 batting innings before they board the plane for the Ashes tour.

Yeah, surely the writing is on the wall for him as batting at number three for England.

He's last four innings are;

9 runs
8 runs
3 runs
8 runs

The question is who does the captain & selectors think should replace him for the last test, and if they do, will they learn anything from their final 2 batting innings before they board the plane for the Ashes tour.

No which is why you likely to see Ballance, Jennings and Habib taken over to OZ.
Like the look of Stoneman and would like to see him open with Cook at the Gabba

Yeah I reckon Stoneman is the likely candidate of the newbies to keep his place against or the Ashes against Australia.. (talking of which, it's heart warming to see that they are currently struggling against Bangladesh.)...It gives us hope.

Back on to the current Windies series, great batting really from most of the team (except for the Essex duo & Bairstow). To come from a big ask, especially at 94-3 to finish with 490-8 (dec). was a decent ending.

My only regret was Root declaring with just 6 overs to go, It was a pointless exercise, considering there was only 6 overs left in the game. The chances were more in a favour to build a bigger lead, rather than take an early wicket. (which proved true in hindsight). As they we didn't take any wickets, and with their tired bowlers we would have made more wickets than their 5.

Back