• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017: England V South Africa & West Indies

I think we are in agreement, but maybe if Roland-Jones, fresh and confident, had played, we might not have needed Woakes batting, as we'd have bowled the Windies out cheaper.

Looks like they are listening to you Andy :smile: ... Woakes has been replaced by Roland-Jones for tomorrows final test.

Definitely the right call. Also, being at Lord's as well.

The squad for The Ashes could make very interesting reading, after this final test.

I think so too.

TRJ has set out an impressive marker since he's debut against the safa's in June with 14 wickets in 3 tests. A few more over the next few days will surely give him his boarding ticket on the flight to Australia.

Batting order, is more of a problem. I'm guessing they will choose Stoneman.

Totally agree. I think the bowling is sorted. The second spinner being the question mark, I guess. Rashid seems to have fallen out of favour, so I wouldn't be surprised if they take Mason Crane.

Batting, I think Westley is in the last chance saloon. I think they should and will take Hameed and I wouldn't be surprised if Hales and Jennings are on the plane.

I think a few people need to have a good run-in to the county season. Interesting times.

Totally agree. I think the bowling is sorted. The second spinner being the question mark, I guess. Rashid seems to have fallen out of favour, so I wouldn't be surprised if they take Mason Crane.

Batting, I think Westley is in the last chance saloon. I think they should and will take Hameed and I wouldn't be surprised if Hales and Jennings are on the plane.

I think a few people need to have a good run-in to the county season. Interesting times.

I dont think Jennings will go, he is a walking wicket at the moment.

Yep, I'm not convinced, but they have to take a squad and I can't see another batsman likely to suddenly perform miracles in the next three weeks and get the nod ahead of him.

I can't remember how big the touring squad is for the winter, but assuming it's around 16, then there would be 2 bats (Hales and Jennings), 1 keeper (Buttler) and 2 bowlers (Woakes and Crane) to add to the 11 playing today. That's assuming Tom Westley doesn't get left out if he fails in this match.

Definitely the right call. Also, being at Lord's as well.

The squad for The Ashes could make very interesting reading, after this final test.

Seems to be Andy...."yer man" takes Hope for his first wicket of the match. I believe that's his 15th wicket since making he's debut against South Africa. Not to shabby at all.

EDIT: He strikes again! Windies now 87-5

Yep, I think before this he had 14 at an average of around 18.00 apiece. :thumbsup:

Just seen the last two wickets go down in quick succession.

Think we could be well on top by 6:00pm tonight.

And we will be !!

Windies all out for 123.

Fantastic innings by stokes 6/22

Oh Cook, I was expecting much better from you! :sad:

As for Westley..... Well it was be expected really.

Our top order batsmen dilemma continues.:sad:

England 19-3 :thumbdown:

Really tough batting conditions, though.

About us unpleasant as you can get.

I know, but still, now Root has gone for 1.

On the plus side, if the wickets keep falling at this rate, it looks like the Cook & Westley question mark over their appearance at Warwickshire will now be a sure fire thing! :hilarious:

I know, but still, now Root has gone for 1.

On the plus side, if the wickets keep falling at this rate, it looks like the Cook & Westley question mark over their appearance at Warwickshire will be a sure fire thing! :hilarious:

Now there's a silver lining! :thumbsup:

Back