• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

Corbyn has nowhere to go now...I expect his resignation the day after the election.

As a long life Labour man, I am dreading the result, can see a night of lost seats, more bickering between supporters, maybe a New Labour party emerge with David Millipede worming his way back, if JC doesn't do the decent thing for the country and party come a poor result

The campaign trail will be hard for many of us to convince the voters to believe in Labour, when it seems many of the party MP's donot believe in it anymore, maybe this is what is required to bring back the party to a credible opposition , a heavy defeat (and god I hope I am wrong on the result), but something in between Corbyn principles and the early Blair years to unite once again

UTS

You hate them, yet you're going to vote for them? I have issues with JC too, but the way I see it it's more important to get the Tories out of no.10, and then hope that Labour sorts itself out.

What an incredibly well put together plan. Let's get the Tories out (the party who at least vaguely seem to have a plan) and replace them with a party that has no idea, no identity and no credibility..... and then hope they "sort themselves out" the day they saunter into Number 10. Good plan fella!

Can we have Barna's early prediction for the outcome please. I need to make a few quid

I think the LDs can repair some 2010 damage if they go hard on a single message anti-Brexit campaign.

A soft Brexit stance would probably be a better move, campaigning to scrap Brexit altogether would just get them called undemocratic and that would sink their chances. Not to mention 32% of Lib Dem voters voted leave, I imagine a lot of those want soft Brexit but wouldn't be happy if Farron said he's scrapping the whole thing.

What an incredibly well put together plan. Let's get the Tories out (the party who at least vaguely seem to have a plan) and replace them with a party that has no idea, no identity and no credibility..... and then hope they "sort themselves out" the day they saunter into Number 10. Good plan fella!
Sorry, you're going to have to give me a hint there - the Tory plan is what, exactly? And, more importantly, how does this plan benefit ordinary people in this country?

I missed the plan, I just hear policy announcements that then get reversed. Could you explain roughly what the Tory plan is please?

As a long life Labour man, I am dreading the result, can see a night of lost seats, more bickering between supporters, maybe a New Labour party emerge with David Millipede worming his way back, if JC doesn't do the decent thing for the country and party come a poor result

The campaign trail will be hard for many of us to convince the voters to believe in Labour, when it seems many of the party MP's donot believe in it anymore, maybe this is what is required to bring back the party to a credible opposition , a heavy defeat (and god I hope I am wrong on the result), but something in between Corbyn principles and the early Blair years to unite once again

UTS

I feel for you Blueonron,keep your pecker up old chum.

First time ever I haven't got a clue who to vote for.
Anyone else in my predicament?

You hate them, yet you're going to vote for them? I have issues with JC too, but the way I see it it's more important to get the Tories out of no.10, and then hope that Labour sorts itself out.

Because to me tolerance of racism and racists tops everything. Any right minded person should avoid voting labour for the time being.

But, your plan above won't work because if by some miracle labour actually win Corduroy will take that as a mandate with no need to sort out the party.

Because to me tolerance of racism and racists tops everything. Any right minded person should avoid voting labour for the time being.

But, your plan above won't work because if by some miracle labour actually win Corduroy will take that as a mandate with no need to sort out the party.
the notion that the anti racist vote goes to the Tories is laughable in the extreme

play it by ear is not a plan of action, and current Tory borrowing is higher than all previous Labour governments combined

Wasn't that because when the LP came to power in 1997, the government was close to already operating at a surplus?

net-borrowing-totalJ511-600x471.png

Who was in power at that nasty peak in 2009-10?

A soft Brexit stance would probably be a better move, campaigning to scrap Brexit altogether would just get them called undemocratic and that would sink their chances. Not to mention 32% of Lib Dem voters voted leave, I imagine a lot of those want soft Brexit but wouldn't be happy if Farron said he's scrapping the whole thing.

yeah that's what I meant but didn't clearly state. Agreed.

Back