• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

Just had a thought, is this a reaction to May having to go back on part of her budget because the manifesto said the Tories wouldn't do it? A general election lets her rub out the parts of the manifesto she doesn't like and ensure she can push her policies through.

Just had a thought, is this a reaction to May having to go back on part of her budget because the manifesto said the Tories wouldn't do it? A general election lets her rub out the parts of the manifesto she doesn't like and ensure she can push her policies through.

Not really.

They've already gone back on that. This will be as it's her last chance to go against Corbyn (he would be deposed after the May local elections); the police have passed files on around 20 seats to the CPS for prosecution over election fraud - and TM's main adviser is up to his eyeballs in it - and politically this will be far easier to 'wipe the slate clean'; with Brexit inflation starting to bite the Tories need to hold an election before the economy tanks; and finally to get some sort of personal mandate within the party - although this is linked to your point as she couldn't get the NICs change through because of a backbench rebellion as she only has a slender majority, less than Major's when he was plagued by the *******s.

Please explain racism in the Labour Party?

And so pleased that one of the most important Secretary of State positions is held by a buffoon - very reassuring.

Is the answer Diane abbot?....if it is then where to start.

Please explain racism in the Labour Party please?

And so pleased that one of the most important Secretary of State positions is held by a buffoon - very reassuring.

I can't be bothered to list everything. It goes on too long, but it's a pretty easy thing to Google. I think the one thing that made me laugh the most was the anti-Semitic abuse Ruth Smeeth received at the publication of that whitewash of a report by Chakrobarti claiming there was no anti-Semitism in the labour party!

I can't be bothered to list everything. It goes on too long, but it's a pretty easy thing to Google. I think the one thing that made me laugh the most was the anti-Semitic abuse Ruth Smeeth received at the publication of that whitewash of a report by Chakrobarti claiming there was no anti-Semitism in the labour party!

Was that the one where Corbyn just stood and watched?

there is often a confusion with being anti-the state of Israel/Zionism and anti-Semitism - they are NOT the same thing.

and if you refer to Ken Livingstone's recent admonishment you could equally label him the same as Boris Johnson as a harmless buffoon.

Downing Street has stated there will be no TV debates. Teresa is known to be a poor debater (she's lucky no one cares about PMQs because she's said some odd stuff a few times there) so given she has the power to stop them I'm not surprised but why does the government get to dictate if there are debates in the first place? It seems unfair that the Tories can just remove key parts of the campaign process to boost their chances of winning.

Downing Street has stated there will be no TV debates. Teresa is known to be a poor debater (she's lucky no one cares about PMQs because she's said some odd stuff a few times there) so given she has the power to stop them I'm not surprised but why does the government get to dictate if there are debates in the first place? It seems unfair that the Tories can just remove key parts of the campaign process to boost their chances of winning.

You should be glad we are spared the prospect of Corbyn / May / Farron taking up valuable air time.

Back