• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A fair point - I guess for both of them it would require more than ten minute cameo in a league game. They would need a run of matches and support from fans to see if they can establish themselves.

And that is the issue isn't it? How do these young players get time on the pitch when the league is so tight and the play is 90+ minutes of continual play (unless we are playing Burton in the play-offs of course)?

In addition, several older players can play in different positions giving C.P. the option to move them forward (or wide) so that there is still that experience on the pitch.

That is why, for me, the LDV, league and cup games are so important as they give C.P. the chance to put on some younger players and see how they get on. :Highfive:

Whilst I would like to see Wabo and Ba come on and develop of course, I still think there are stronger options available out there , including the loan market., which is currently taking off a bit. They dont all have to be barely tried under 23s from a Premier or Championship club, or indeed more elderly, a few clubs picked up their leading or high scorer via this route last year and Im wondering with his connections whether our Manager will also move in this direction to strengthen the forward options

Certainly should. We've seen off Wordsworth, that just leaves John White and Ben Coker and we shall be cleansed.:Smile2:

And we inflicted Plodder on them??! I suspect Nouble’ might continue to do quite well at that level,though.

Whilst I would like to see Wabo and Ba come on and develop of course, I still think there are stronger options available out there , including the loan market., which is currently taking off a bit. They dont all have to be barely tried under 23s from a Premier or Championship club, or indeed more elderly, a few clubs picked up their leading or high scorer via this route last year and Im wondering with his connections whether our Manager will also move in this direction to strengthen the forward options
I wouldn’t mind having Shay Harrison back for the season, he didn’t quite cut it last season, but he showed glimpses of the player he could develop into. Reckon he’d be an asset if he can toughen up a bit, which can only come with game time.

The trouble with Ba and Wabo is that they aren't target men.

We do need a professional big bloke that can give us a bit of height and ruffle a few feathers of the opposing defenders.

The Bristol Rovers centre forward was fantastic... can't recall his name but he'd be a superb addition. Turner said he was one of the hardest opponents he had played against.

Probably not for sale, mind.

I wouldn’t mind having Shay Harrison back for the season, he didn’t quite cut it last season, but he showed glimpses of the player he could develop into. Reckon he’d be an asset if he can toughen up a bit, which can only come with game time.

Yes - Harrison looked like he would have something about him ............. but, as always, what irks me is that we would be developing a player that another club later on gets the benefit from. But I would take Harrison on if he was free to sign for us.

I’ll throw a name out there, Sean Scannell of Huddersfield, 27 year old winger who played under CP previously and was on loan at Burton last season.
As far as I know we are/were interested in him, would be a good signing for L1.
Rumoured to be close to signing for Bradford.

The trouble with Ba and Wabo is that they aren't target men.

We do need a professional big bloke that can give us a bit of height and ruffle a few feathers of the opposing defenders.

The Bristol Rovers centre forward was fantastic... can't recall his name but he'd be a superb addition. Turner said he was one of the hardest opponents he had played against.

Probably not for sale, mind.

Ellis Harrison i assume? He isn't a target man but does hold the ball up pretty well.

Bradford really are pushing the boat out this season.

Just been on their board and it would seem that they could start with a completely new starting XI compared with last season. I suspect that is unlikely but it does illustrate how many players have come and gone from that club in recent weeks.

As we know from Bury last season, wholesale change does not always result in success on the pitch.

Peterborough also going for it in the transfer market this season, they have just signed Isaac Buckley - Ricketts from Man City (was on loan at Oxford).

He makes it Peterborough's 14th signing so far of the pre-season.

Just been on their board and it would seem that they could start with a completely new starting XI compared with last season. I suspect that is unlikely but it does illustrate how many players have come and gone from that club in recent weeks.

As we know from Bury last season, wholesale change does not always result in success on the pitch.
Their other issue is that the new manager is just the U18s manager getting a promotion, so it's an extremely inexperienced manager who may not be able to get the best out of his players straight away.

I've yet to see anything from BA to suggest he is anything other than non league.

Wabo I believe to be a different kettle of fish. He needs games. Id like him loaned out to someone like Dagenham or braintree to really see if he has what it takes.

I'm not sure either are ready for first team starts just yet.

We still need a winger and another striker

Back