• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A good player - and moving to Bradford will presumably mean little to no change in his domestic situation so I can see the attraction for him.

Last edited:
I’m not convinced we were chasing Sean Scannell anyway, I haven’t seen any real credible links, though he would have been a good signing and he’ll prove to be just that at Bradford who have made some very good signings.

Have we recently been linked with anyone new? I know we are actively searching for another cf for example but haven’t seen any names being mentioned.

I’m not convinced we were chasing Sean Scannell anyway, I haven’t seen any real credible links, though he would have been a good signing and he’ll prove to be just that at Bradford who have made some very good signings.

Have we recently been linked with anyone new? I know we are actively searching for another cf for example but haven’t seen any names being mentioned.

Time is marching on - I suspect C.P. will either have someone who is hopeful of getting to sign or will, as a Plan B, instead be turning towards the loan market - which is for me not nearly so good an alternative.

And no - I haven't heard any rumours and both my butcher and greengrocer are none the wiser either.

Just seen that Billericay have signed Jay Emmanuel-Thomas... football is going mad.

He has indeed. Did you see the spat between Gary Neville and Andy Holt on Twitter? About paying Rooney £4k a week and buying their way into the league.

Andy even disclosed Stanley's current wage bill [£932k] and overall budget [£1.1m].

He has indeed. Did you see the spat between Gary Neville and Andy Holt on Twitter? About paying Rooney £4k a week and buying their way into the league.

Andy even disclosed Stanley's current wage bill [£932k] and overall budget [£1.1m].

I did mate yeah, I personally have no problem with rich people buying football clubs and spending money and I find it funny when other owners do just because someone richer than them can throw their money around more. It is still however an absolute farce when at the level Salford and especially Billericay are at players are earning the sort of wages they are.

I'm confused, have they signed him or not? and more importantly how long until they become a genuine competition to southend in terms of signing players?

I'm confused, have they signed him or not? and more importantly how long until they become a genuine competition to southend in terms of signing players?
From their Twitter account, no they haven't, they are still in talks.

Q. How long until they become genuine competition for signing players?
A. Fossetts Farm will be built and fully operational before that becomes even a vague possibility.

From their Twitter account, no they haven't, they are still in talks.

Q. How long until they become genuine competition for signing players?
A. Fossetts Farm will be built and fully operational before that becomes even a vague possibility.

So by next summer then :ROFL:

that's actually a very interesting question. Depends how long Tamlin stays around before getting bored/having no more money available

Back