• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2018 World Cup Semi Finals

Croatia pose a big threat to think they dont is foolishness,they have reached a semi final of a world cup, to think they will be easy is stupidity ,they will play their hearts out,very proud people and country.

England v Croatia could be an absolute banger of a tactical battle. It is almost a shame I'll be boozing in the pub and therefore unable to appreciate the nuances

I wouldn't be writing Belgium off at all....think they may well beat France.

I don't know why this came as a surprise to me (possibly thinking about France's recent Euro & World Cup success).... but Belgium historically have the better head to head record between the two teams...

Belgium Wins = 30
France Wins = 24
Draws = 19

They have only lost to France 7 times (since 1957) in the last 26 meetings.

Talking of things I never knew...

Thierry Henry is the assistant Coach of Belgium!?!

I missed the boat on that one!!..in my defense, apparently he likes to remain off radar and has only conducted just one interview since getting the job.

I was just saying the other week, it's odd he didn't get the commentators job on the BBC for the French games, as he used to feature a lot on Match Of The Day.

My mates never said why, so I guess i'm not the only one.

Last edited:
I read today that a French newspaper is billing their semi as Asterix verses Tin Tin or Wine verses Beer. Was never a fan of Tin Tin and am not a wine drinker. The agony of choice.

Talking of things I never knew...

Thierry Henry is the assistant Coach of Belgium!?!

I missed the boat on that one!!..in my defense, apparently he likes to remain off radar and has only conducted just one interview since getting the job.

I was just saying the other week, it's odd he didn't get the commentators job on the BBC for the French games, as he used to feature a lot on Match Of The Day.

My mates never said why, so I guess i'm not the only one.

I assume you've noticed that RM's right hand man at the World cup is none other than SUFC leg-end Graeme Jones.

Heaven only knows how he's managed to pull that off :Stunned:

I assume you've noticed that RM's right hand man at the World cup is none other than SUFC leg-end Graeme Jones.

Jones has been Martinez's assistant ever since he took over at Swansea back when they were in League 1.

Ron gets about these days.... :Look:

Good game this, kind of want Belgium to equalise so they both play for longer.

Being a true blooded Englishman, It pains me to see France succeed (in any sport).... But i have to admit, Belgium just weren't on their game today. and the dirty unwashed frogs were probably the deserved winners over 90 minutes.

I thought the first half was about even, but France controlled the game for most of the 2nd half until about the 70th minute mark, until Belgium came back into the game, they could have possibly got an equaliser, but you just knew De Bruyne and Lukaku were never going to score, even if it went to extra time and penalties. It just wasn't their day.

However, should we get there, France are the weaker team (on paper) so i guess that's the only cloud with the silver lining.

France are the weaker team (on paper) so i guess that's the only cloud with the silver lining.
In terms of forwards they might be but as an overall team I'd say France are better because they have better defenders and Kante. Belgium have looked shaky at the back all tournament, I doubt France would have let Japan put two past them. I would have preferred to play Belgium because they looked far less comfortable defending set pieces than France and that's our main threat.

Being a true blooded Englishman, It pains me to see France succeed (in any sport).... But i have to admit, Belgium just weren't on their game today. and the dirty unwashed frogs were probably the deserved winners over 90 minutes.

I thought the first half was about even, but France controlled the game for most of the 2nd half until about the 70th minute mark, until Belgium came back into the game, they could have possibly got an equaliser, but you just knew De Bruyne and Lukaku were never going to score, even if it went to extra time and penalties. It just wasn't their day.

However, should we get there, France are the weaker team (on paper) so i guess that's the only cloud with the silver lining.

Their side is outstanding, they have two of the most expensive players in the world in their team. The team they left behind was good enough to do well in the World Cup. This is going to be our toughest test they are a great side and have some quality players in every position.

Disappointed but not too disappointed. A conflict of interest is avoided and I'll be shoulder to shoulder with my daughter in Pussay on Sunday.............allez les bleus! From what I've seen of France I don't think either of these teams would stand a chance against their skill, quality and consistency. England are a very young side that, I think it's fair to say (with a bit of help from the draw) surpassed their expectations. They will be much stronger in two years for the Euros and for the next World Cup

very poor
IMO,in 18 months,that will be the good old days
Thought we played well first half but the goal shellshocked us and we never recovered. Really thought that the subs were poor though, Sterling might not be able to score but his ball control is first class and scares defences in a way Rashford can't hope to do, similarly Henderson hassles players in a way Dier doesn't (as I've said before). The only sub I think should have come on was RLC for Alli, and he didn't even come on. We tried to switch players without thinking about what we lost in terms of possession.

Despite this I genuinely believe that if players like Foden can break through we can challenge in 4 years time because we only need a few more players to have a real go at winning the World Cup.

Back