• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2019-20 League One Preview

A good read, nothing I wasn't already aware of, but there is a pretty in-depth look at our finances if that floats your boat. There's a vid clip of the Sunderland game highlights, so its probably worth a look at the article just to see the action yet again. Humphrys still manages to score and I have that stupid grin on my face again.

Good read... the thing that leaps out at me is the fact that we have apparently breached the FFP rules.

Does this mean we could be in trouble?

Good read... the thing that leaps out at me is the fact that we have apparently breached the FFP rules.

Does this mean we could be in trouble?
Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP) limits clubs from spending a maximum of 60% of their turnover on player wages. So, Southend must be safe. SCMP League One rules

A fair report and well written. Interesting finance report.

As regards the injuries, an unattached (non Shrimper) football fan would only get a small notion of the injury disaster we suffered; a good example is the signing of Humphries and then his serious injury so few games later when he had already made a really positive impact.
The finances ought, IMO, also mention the loggerheads and indecision (polite phrasing) of the local council to move the proposed new stadium forward.

Certainly a good read. Clearly we still have problem with the budget. With Hopper. Demetriou, Kypriannou, Barratt and Gard still injured. A similar financial problem still exists but not to the same extent as last season. Although Hyam continues to be on and off the sick list as well. May explain some of the delay in signings.

"One name that pops out of that list is Ben Coker who suffered a torn anterior and lateral cruciate ligaments(ACL & LCL) in away match against Sunderland(End of October). Recovery of these types of injuries take 18 months and he was let go to free wages."

I thought he was offered a new contract, but decided not to sign, so was not 'let go' by the club??

"One name that pops out of that list is Ben Coker who suffered a torn anterior and lateral cruciate ligaments(ACL & LCL) in away match against Sunderland(End of October). Recovery of these types of injuries take 18 months and he was let go to free wages."

I thought he was offered a new contract, but decided not to sign, so was not 'let go' by the club??
Thanks for the update! I have corrected that paragraph.

No idea where to park this, but there was an interesting piece on SSN this morning about LGBT and particularly Wycombe Wanderers attitude as a club.

Some interviews with players and with Gareth Ainsworth about how the club trains and works as a unit.

Might explain why they are top of the league.

I'll try to find the item in the SKY video section.

No idea where to park this, but there was an interesting piece on SSN this morning about LGBT and particularly Wycombe Wanderers attitude as a club.

Some interviews with players and with Gareth Ainsworth about how the club trains and works as a unit.

Might explain why they are top of the league.

I'll try to find the item in the SKY video section.

So you've chosen a six month old thread at random ? :Winking:

LOL .. I chose a League One thread, as it was about a League One club!

That's about as good as I could get!

I nearly put it on this week's ref watch, so you were saved :Winking:

League One table at the start of the decade courtesy of CP on Twitter :-

ELiKehrWwAAd2Sx

Back