• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2019-20 League One

Shrimper

Life President
So, the dust has settled on our season and we know that we will be playing in League One next season - but who against?

So far we have the following teams confirmed for the league;

Accrington - 526.8 miles RT
AFC Wimbledon - 140.6 miles RT
Blackpool - 543.2 miles RT
Bolton - 520.4 miles RT
Bristol Rovers - 347.8 miles RT
Burton - 332.2 miles RT
Bury - 501.8 miles RT
Coventry 263.2 miles RT
Fleetwood - 552.6 miles RT
Gillingham - 89.2 miles RT
Ipswich - 103.6 miles RT
MK Dons - 168 miles RT
Lincoln - 325 miles RT
Oxford- 209 miles RT
Peterborough - 202.8 miles RT
Rochdale - 488.4 miles RT
Rotherham - 391 miles RT
Shrewsbury - 383.4 miles RT
Southend - 0
Wycombe - 165.8 miles RT

The League One play-offs see the following;

Charlton v Doncaster
Sunderland v Portsmouth

The League Two play-offs see the following;

Mansfield v Newport
Forest Green v Tranmere

Last season just gone the team travelled 5519 miles round trip. Currently with the above teams we'd have to travel 6254.8 before we add in those teams that don't get promoted in League One and do come up from League Two. Their mileages are;

Charlton - 81.8 miles RT
Sunderland - 584 miles RT
Doncaster - 370.2 miles RT
Portsmouth - 238 miles RT

Mansfield - 342.6 miles RT
Newport - 387.2 miles RT
Forest Green - 328.8 miles RT
Tranmere - 501 miles.

So, who do you want staying down and who do you want coming up?

For me, i want Charlton and Portsmouth to stay in league One, and Forest Green and Mansfield to get promoted.

Charlton because it a good and close away day, and Portsmouth because, my daughter lives on the isle of wight, so i can spend some time with her also.

I chose Forest Green and Mansfield because they were the closest of the lot on the list and i have never been to either.

Last edited:
Pompey to go up as it’s the only one of those I’ve done. Anyone but Tranmere from the other lot as it’s the furthest. Purely selfish reasons.

On merit, I think Charlton probably deserve promotion but it's such a convenient away game! I'd like Sunderland to go up, truth be told - the whole Bradley Lowery thing really got to me, and they did so much for him and his family.

As for L2, I've done both Tranmere and Newport and didn't enjoy either of them, the locals weren't particularly nice at either. For novelty value and the chance of a weekend in the Cotswolds, it's got to be Forest Green.

Newport or Forest Green as the only local game to me now is Bristol Rovers, with Plymouth going down. Selfish? Hell yeah lol

I want Doncaster to go up as Charlton, Sunderland and Portsmouth are more attractive away days.

I want Forest Green to come up as its a new ground for pretty much everyone and the only L2 ground I've not been to other than Carlisle (and Lincoln but they are a L1 club now!).

Doncaster can go up, we never beat them so won’t miss them. Don’t mind who comes up as I’ve never been to any of those grounds.

Of the away fixtures next season, i'm looking forward to visiting Portman Road the most, a half decent town, quite close in comparison to other fixtures, and a pretty decent stadium on the whole that normally creates a great atmosphere.

Who else is looking forward to visiting where? (either for the first time or a returning visit) and why?

Of the away fixtures next season, i'm looking forward to visiting Portman Road the most, a half decent town, quite close in comparison to other fixtures, and a pretty decent stadium on the whole that normally creates a great atmosphere.

Who else is looking forward to visiting where? (either for the first time or a returning visit) and why?

Definitely looking forward to Ipswich, saw us win there 2-1 during the championship season and was one of the last places I spent time with a very close friend who passed away not long after that. Charlton and Bolton both biggish grounds as well I’ve never been to. Been to MK Dons a couple of times as well and have a good record there.

Can certainly pass on the likes of Bristol Rovers, Stanley and Gillingham.. f’ing scaffolding ground.

Up and out ...Doncaster,
Sunderland - big club, probably too big, how the mighty have fallen...I'm not overly sympathetic though...massive disappointment in the North- East, compensation by massive parachute payments.
Charlton is a good run, and Pompey is local..

Up and welcome...as said before Mansfield or Forest Green....

Only new ground for me is Bolton.

Hopefully FGR come up too for another new ground.

Charlton and Wimbledon in London and Wycombe only 30 mins away for me.

The rest of the northern games can do one.

Where is Col Ewe on that list?

Oh hang on a minute, we scored in the 87th minute and so did Newport County. :Smile:

For all those hoping Forest Green Rovers gwt promoted (including me)....., Lets just hope we get to play them away in August when it should be nice and warm and sunny, as they only have 100 seats under cover,....... now ive said that, i bet we will get the fixture on a freezing tuesday night in January when it's p1ssing down!! :Smile:

forest-green-rovers-new-lawn-new-seated-stand-1535296585.jpg

Last edited:
Personally and very selfishly I would like Charlton to remain in League 1 as it is a day I really enjoy especially going around Greenwich Market
I would like to see Sunderland go up (too far to travel).
Love to see Forest Green promoted as that would be a lovely weekend away

Of 13 grounds yet to do for the 92; most are in League One.

Tell me oh travelled friends in blue, which of:
Accrington
Burton
Coventry
Fleetwood
MK Dons and...
maybe one from FGR and Newport...

...offer the best matchday/day out experience?

I'm not sure I'll get to all six, so will have to be choosy.
Thanks

Accrington
Burton
Coventry
Fleetwood
MK Dons and...

Thanks

Burton is the best by far. Great pubs and great beer. One of the best away days.

Accrington
Burton
Coventry
Fleetwood
MK Dons and...

Thanks
Burton is really good as YB says.

Accrington
Burton
Coventry
Fleetwood
MK Dons and...

Thanks

Blimey, I need to do some catching up. I've only done, I think 16, of the 92. I'm trying to work at the moment going through my programmes. Reckon I can tick a few more off next season. MK Dons, P'Boro, Burton, Coventry and, if they come up, FGR potentially.

Back