• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2019-20 League One

Of 13 grounds yet to do for the 92; most are in League One.

Tell me oh travelled friends in blue, which of:
Accrington
Burton
Coventry
Fleetwood
MK Dons and...
maybe one from FGR and Newport...

...offer the best matchday/day out experience?

I'm not sure I'll get to all six, so will have to be choosy.
Thanks

Have done 4 of those, Coventry is good if you're staying in the hotel - that is, if they are still at the Ricoh. MK dons has some of the best seats in the league, nice and roomy leg room - and heated! Burton as YB has already said has great beer and boozers. Newport is a ****-hole.

Fleetwood are supposed to have an amazing club house which welcomes away supporters.

Have done 4 of those, Coventry is good if you're staying in the hotel - that is, if they are still at the Ricoh. MK dons has some of the best seats in the league, nice and roomy leg room - and heated! Burton as YB has already said has great beer and boozers. Newport is a ****-hole.

Fleetwood are supposed to have an amazing club house which welcomes away supporters.

Yep they do, it's called Jim's Bar if I remember correctly and I can confirm it's excellent. I believe there's also a very decent real ale pub close to the ground as well.

MK Dons doesn't (or shouldn't) count...very disappointed they got promoted!

Accrington
Burton
Coventry
Fleetwood
MK Dons and...

Thanks

Wow, to have so few to do, and such a high portion of them in our league next season is great!

Accrington
Burton
Coventry
Fleetwood
MK Dons and...

Thanks

Both Accrington and Burton are good days out., with decent pubs very close.

Fleetwood has a more than decent pub round the corner and a decent club bar where you will be made welcome.

MK Dons and Coventry, despite wonderful grounds, don't have a great deal to do in the local area.

Newport is horrible.

Forest Green. I went last August, glorious sunshine and had a good day. Very friendly, have an away fans drinking area. May not be as much fun if its ****ing down, but its a new ground for almost everyone so I suspect we would fill out their away end / side.

For me, I don't care who comes up and Charlton can win the play offs, coz I don't like going there

Wow, to have so few to do, and such a high portion of them in our league next season is great!
For me in exile in Cornwall, it costs a fortune to get just about anywhere apart from Plymouth and Exeter - and sadly, we'll be playing neither.
You're right, insofar as there are a fair few to knock off the list, but to get to Fleetwood for example, needs a three-day trip.
So, something worth going for makes a difference.

For me in exile in Cornwall, it costs a fortune to get just about anywhere apart from Plymouth and Exeter - and sadly, we'll be playing neither.
You're right, insofar as there are a fair few to knock off the list, but to get to Fleetwood for example, needs a three-day trip.
So, something worth going for makes a difference.

You never know your luck. You might get a Saturday then Tuesday away fixtures.

Fleetwood should be a weekender anyway. As others have said the ground may look non league but Jim's bar is the best clubhouse by a mile. I hope Ron pops in next year to give him an idea of how a football bar can be done.

My one and only trip to MK I found the place absolutely soulless. It was a warning of how FF could feel on a miserable November night.

On merit, I think Charlton probably deserve promotion but it's such a convenient away game! I'd like Sunderland to go up, truth be told - the whole Bradley Lowery thing really got to me, and they did so much for him and his family.

As for L2, I've done both Tranmere and Newport and didn't enjoy either of them, the locals weren't particularly nice at either. For novelty value and the chance of a weekend in the Cotswolds, it's got to be Forest Green.

I recall Debbie does Dallas but OBL does Tranmere is a new one on me. Was it one supplied from under the counter in Ruby's supermarket or exclusively online?

Not fussed on going back to grounds I've been to. I'll pick and choose what's I go depending on when they are but Ipswich, MK Dons and Coventry would be my choices but judging by this season I'll probably end up doing Blackpool, Fleetwood and Bury

Fleetwood was a very pleasant away day. Surprisingly pleasant town, a good pub and nice home supporters.

Forest Green has some lovely scenery and interesting food options.Finished my 92 there last August.Club has plan's for another stadium soon apparently

Back