• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2019-20 League One

Fleetwood was a very pleasant away day. Surprisingly pleasant town, a good pub and nice home supporters.
For me a lot of these "outpost" clubs can be good early or late in the season but not much fun in the rain and slush of Nov to early March. Especially if it is a poor or open area such as Accers (or Gills).

So now we know its between Newport County and currently most likely Tranmere, although i might guess FGR might sneak it at home....

Last edited:
Not too bothered who goes up. The only potential new ground I have next season is Forest Green so I'd like them to come up for selfish reasons. They play some very nice stuff as well from little clips I've seen this season

Definitely FGR for me. Newport are a bit of a bogey side for us and Tranmere is another very long trip. FGR have some novel philosophies which deserve success, to raise their profile.

Forest Green is the only new ground I can tick off next season. Unfortunately it's six miles from the nearest station and up a massive hill. Away stand looks absolutely awful.

I found Newport to be quite a good trip even though we lost 3-1 when I went. Ground near the town centre and plenty of pubs serving good ale nearby. Tranmere is a proper football club and very close to Liverpool which is a great city. Mansfield is a grotty place and has pretty scummy fans so not too sad to see them exit last night.

flip it round the other way on this thread........how many teams will bring more than 500 fans to our ground.....Sunderland, Ipswich,Gillingham,Wombles,Coventry,Pompey,Charlton....maybe Bolton, Wycombe or Lincoln if they are doing well

compare this to the teams in league2 .........Colchester,cambridge,northampton and maybe Swindon or Exeter if they are doing well

so there is more chance of more away fans making a bit more money for us next season....so glad we stayed up

flip it round the other way on this thread........how many teams will bring more than 500 fans to our ground.....Sunderland, Ipswich,Gillingham,Wombles,Coventry,Pompey,Charlton....maybe Bolton, Wycombe or Lincoln if they are doing well

compare this to the teams in league2 .........Colchester,cambridge,northampton and maybe Swindon or Exeter if they are doing well

so there is more chance of more away fans making a bit more money for us next season....so glad we stayed up
Lincoln will bring 500+ even if they are not doing well.

Bolton wanderers will face a -12 start after falling into administration.

They also fave further sanctions or point deduction for failing to play a game against Brentford. Could have a big baring on the next league campaign.

They also fave further sanctions or point deduction for failing to play a game against Brentford. Could have a big baring on the next league campaign.
I think most Bolton fans would settle for another relegation but still having a club and sorting ownership issues out.Heard on radio Bolton wanderers staff are being issued food vouchers as still not being paid

So it's going to be either Newport or Tranmere
Disappointing!
Have done Tranmere, and didn't like it.
Thought it would be pleasant to stroll around Birkenhead Park prior to our New Year's Day defeat in 1991.
But had to tread carefully and avoid detritus from the previous night's encounters between ladies and punters: they were everywhere - the aftermath, not the ladies.
I even saw the odd needle as well.
I don't recall the match other than they scored after 10 seconds it seemed, and Brett scored a late consolation in a 3-1 loss.
That said, you do get a great view of Liverpool from that massive stand on one side of Prenton Park.
Others here have all claimed Newport as a 'dump'. Might swerve our away game against the winner.

I think most Bolton fans would settle for another relegation but still having a club and sorting ownership issues out.Heard on radio Bolton wanderers staff are being issued food vouchers as still not being paid

Clubs going into administration often end up getting into the Premiership or Championship after a few seasons. Wipe out all your debts with creditors sometimes going out of business through not getting paid. The punishment should be much more severe than just twelve points the whole thing is a bit of a racket. Clubs progressing while the likes of Southend United battling to stay afloat unable to write off their liabilities.

We'll still somehow manage to finish below them :Hilarious:

Bolton should surely get another load of points deduction for not fullfilling the Brentford fixture.... I think 8 points is about the going rate??

If they don't the EFL are complete useless ****s... that being said, its nothing we already don't know!

Bolton should surely get another load of points deduction for not fullfilling the Brentford fixture.... I think 8 points is about the going rate??

If they don't the EFL are complete useless ****s... that being said, its nothing we already don't know!
I think they will be deducted more points and another relegation and completely rebuilding again

Back