• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2019-20 League One

Aldershot got properly filled in. What was the difference ? ( seriously as I don’t know )

Bury also face a winding up order and feasibly could end up in adminstration.

Coventry still aren't confirm as playing at the Ricoh, and may find a new home difficult to come by that meets the EFL's criteria.

In a worst case scenario we could lose three teams from this division. The rules are a bit complicated. My understanding of them are....

If a team withdraws (or ceases to exist) before the EFL AGM, then teams that were relegated are reprieved. You can be reprieved from relegation, but you have to earn promotion. Any reprieval would have a knock on effect all the way down the pyramid (so good news for Notts County).

If it happens after the AGM, ie once the league has been constituted and fixtures published, then the division would start with a vacancy. This is what happened when Maidstone folded weeks before the season. However, that rule has been manipulated a bit in recent times in some of the lower leagues, particularly when a phoenix club has appeared. They've usually been accommodated.

All these posts on deduction of points, no pay etc, all happening 15 miles from ManC and ManUre who are either throwing (literally) a BILLION quid to buy every title/cup or creaming 100s of millions off "fans" to service the Yank owners' debt which has been paid off 10 times over.
Football finances are crazy, crooked and wicked IMO.
As for Sly TV!!!!!!:Hilarious:

So if we keep the tax man sweet and keep our nose clean we'll have teams finish below us and don't have to kick a ball love it! only way is up

All these posts on deduction of points, no pay etc, all happening 15 miles from ManC and ManUre who are either throwing (literally) a BILLION quid to buy every title/cup or creaming 100s of millions off "fans" to service the Yank owners' debt which has been paid off 10 times over.
Football finances are crazy, crooked and wicked IMO.
As for Sly TV!!!!!!:Hilarious:

To be fair, All the talk of Man City and Man Utd, are a million miles away from Coventry, Bury, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet etc..

To make it clear, I don't ever wish any team to go under, but we are / were also in the mix of the many clubs in financial trouble, no doubt about that.

But if a similar League One club(s) has a 12 - 20 point deduction, it means we could possibly have a small advantage over the teams in the league in order to survive, come the end of the season.

Is there anything wrong with that? We survived by the skin of our teeth on the last game last season.

I'm sure no one wants a repeat of that again.

Bury also face a winding up order and feasibly could end up in adminstration.

Coventry still aren't confirm as playing at the Ricoh, and may find a new home difficult to come by that meets the EFL's criteria.

In a worst case scenario we could lose three teams from this division. The rules are a bit complicated. My understanding of them are....

If a team withdraws (or ceases to exist) before the EFL AGM, then teams that were relegated are reprieved. You can be reprieved from relegation, but you have to earn promotion. Any reprieval would have a knock on effect all the way down the pyramid (so good news for Notts County).

If it happens after the AGM, ie once the league has been constituted and fixtures published, then the division would start with a vacancy. This is what happened when Maidstone folded weeks before the season. However, that rule has been manipulated a bit in recent times in some of the lower leagues, particularly when a phoenix club has appeared. They've usually been accommodated.

So when's the AGM?

Disappointing!
Have done Tranmere, and didn't like it.
Thought it would be pleasant to stroll around Birkenhead Park prior to our New Year's Day defeat in 1991.
But had to tread carefully and avoid detritus from the previous night's encounters between ladies and punters: they were everywhere - the aftermath, not the ladies.
I even saw the odd needle as well.

Saw us play there on a Fri evening in April 75, it was a lot more grim back then, fans as well.

Selfish of Hampshire writes and suggests that Donnie win 0-2 tomorrow to leave Pompey and Charlton in League 1...and then win the play-off final to guarantee another 2,500 Mackems visiting us next season

Welcome Tranmere.

Over to Charlton/Sunderland for the last spot.

I wouldn't mind us nipping in to sign Newport left back Dan Butler. Thought he was excellent both defensively and going forward. Only 24 and out of contract this summer.

Was it me, or was that League Two play-off dreadful?
Don't remember either Wycombe or we being that awful.
Was thinking the first man to control the ball on a first touch would be awarded half a goal!
Now, I seriously would like to see McNulty dragged out of the kebab shop long enough for League One attackers to leave him on his capacious rear!

I only saw from the second half onwards and found it an open and entertaining game.
To be honest I don't think our game vs Wycombe was much of spectacle for the neutral armchair fan.
Have to agree on McNulty though. How on earth is that man playing professional football?!

I only saw from the second half onwards and found it an open and entertaining game.
To be honest I don't think our game vs Wycombe was much of spectacle for the neutral armchair fan.
Have to agree on McNulty though. How on earth is that man playing professional football?!
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for me our Wembley adventure will always be a thing of perfect beauty, and the armchair neutral can but wonder in admiration at the ecstasy of the Southend supporters at the final whistle.:Winking:

Back