• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2021 Friendlies

I am currently trying to get a friendly set up with Hullbridge Sports, I spoke to Ron last week about a potential situation where Hullbridge and SUFC are linked in an official capacity as parent and feeder club, I have two best mates who are the hullbridge manager Darren Manning and assistant James Wakeling who are both Southend fans for years and I think it would be superb for SUFC to have this kind of community football link, Ron has given it the green light and I’m waiting to speak with Ricky Duncan, I was down hullbridge Saturday talking with their head of commercial and the management team and they are all for it.
Update: spoke with Ricky and Darren to give Ricky a call (friendly already offered)

Last edited:
I am currently trying to get a friendly set up with Hullbridge Sports, I spoke to Ron last week about a potential situation where Hullbridge and SUFC are linked in an official capacity as parent and feeder club, I have two best mates who are the hullbridge manager Darren Manning and assistant James Wakeling who are both Southend fans for years and I think it would be superb for SUFC to have this kind of community football link, Ron has given it the green light and I’m waiting to speak with Ricky Duncan, I was down hullbridge Saturday talking with their head of commercial and the management team and they are all for it.
Update: spoke with Ricky and Darren to give Ricky a call (friendly already offered)

are you the new CEO

are you the new CEO
Jokes aside, Hullbridge already do a few ex Southend player nights, the Barrett one was superb, lovely club in the community and being managed by Southend boys, what’s there not to love! Win win, and this is how you get SUFC working and feeling part of the local footballing community again

I wouldn't go as far as being a feeder club but otherwise this is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing in establishing links with local teams like Hullbridge. Play them every year in friendlies; get them to give us the heads up on any young talent they have or come up against, send our kids out on loan to them to get experience, maybe give them access to our facilities and knowhow. We help them and they help us and we both benefit.

Canvey, Great Wakering, Basildon are just some of the other clubs in the same division we should also try and give a helping hand to.

The Stan mystery is now solved.
Scott, my walking football team in Swanage are up for a game too if you'd lkke to add that to the list. Tell Ron we will go 50/50 on gate receipts. Just let us know whether you'd like us to field our under or over 60's team.
To be honest given our last season your walking football would have more pace and a better touch than the Southend first 11 ??

I wouldn't go as far as being a feeder club but otherwise this is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing in establishing links with local teams like Hullbridge. Play them every year in friendlies; get them to give us the heads up on any young talent they have or come up against, send our kids out on loan to them to get experience, maybe give them access to our facilities and knowhow. We help them and they help us and we both benefit.

Canvey, Great Wakering, Basildon are just some of the other clubs in the same division we should also try and give a helping hand to.
Yeah feeder maybe is the wrong word, I’m not in the game so the terminology for me is new, however this is the first step, my link was only because I was approached by Hullbridge and given the SUFC connection what better way then to try get some better links

Juergen Klopp has already said that a trip to the Essex riviera to play the mighty Southend United is a given. Mo Salah is apparently desperate to see the worlds longest pleasure pier and Trent wants to sample a Rossi’s.

All of that is sadly untrue.

No, I think you’ll find we still have the world’s longest pleasure pier.

Did he shake on it?

Our claim to fame must be beating Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle 4 - 0 on New Years Day 1992 to go top of league 2 (now championship) for a few hours! No?
I meant the town not the club but yes, what a moment that was. Angell and Ansah ?

Shame it all went downhill that season when Webby decided to **** off, but that’s SUFC all over.

Yeah feeder maybe is the wrong word, I’m not in the game so the terminology for me is new, however this is the first step, my link was only because I was approached by Hullbridge and given the SUFC connection what better way then to try get some better links

Feeder is exactly the right word because the food at Hullbridge was miles better than RH

Back