• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2021 Friendlies

Stop moaning ? at least our new team will play against an good standard opponents, no matter what team they will field.
Just like this ooh let’s congratulate Brentford bollocks I don’t care right they are a opposing team I never congratulate other clubs

With the league starting later, we have an excellent opportunity to see plenty of pre season football and structure the team whilst getting properly fit

Not strictly true - League matches tied at 35 wins apiece. With 22 draws.

So we've won 35 out of 92, as have they.

Level pegging over all those years and now they're FOUR divisions higher. Nice one, Ron.

The amazing gulf in owners!

Blackpool fans should be our example on how fans can change a club when under corrupt ownership.

Anyone know what date the league fixtures are released please?

A lot of clubs now are knocking weekly £5-£7 a game and charging a monthly fee or a one off £125 a season fee to play for each player as clubs are finding it harder each year to get by, not good is it.
A lot of clubs have been doing this for a while, in fact you now have "big" sunday league clubs who you can't see being knocked off their perch easily. I was at Priory Sports in the Chelmsford sunday league and we always competed in my time there but it was never easy to win the league or cups. Priory always paid players registrations and the only charge we had was a couple of quid every week for training on the astro turf. That is still the case at priory so now we attract all the best players because they don't have to pay to play. We were very fortunate that one of our old chairmen who didn't have any kids left the club a substantial amount in his will and we have a very solid foundation. The league is a joke now though and we have no competition, we win the premier league every year and the ressies win div 1 every year (but can't be promoted). Even the County Cup isn't too hard, we won it in 2018, weren't able to defend it in 2019 as we were a day late in registration, 2020 we had made the final but it was cancelled, and cancelled 2021. It is only the FA sunday cup where we meet teams that challenge the team. It is real shame as the chelmsford sunday league was so competitive. I have a feeling most leagues will go this way, money even talks in sunday league!

A lot of clubs have been doing this for a while, in fact you now have "big" sunday league clubs who you can't see being knocked off their perch easily. I was at Priory Sports in the Chelmsford sunday league and we always competed in my time there but it was never easy to win the league or cups. Priory always paid players registrations and the only charge we had was a couple of quid every week for training on the astro turf. That is still the case at priory so now we attract all the best players because they don't have to pay to play. We were very fortunate that one of our old chairmen who didn't have any kids left the club a substantial amount in his will and we have a very solid foundation. The league is a joke now though and we have no competition, we win the premier league every year and the ressies win div 1 every year (but can't be promoted). Even the County Cup isn't too hard, we won it in 2018, weren't able to defend it in 2019 as we were a day late in registration, 2020 we had made the final but it was cancelled, and cancelled 2021. It is only the FA sunday cup where we meet teams that challenge the team. It is real shame as the chelmsford sunday league was so competitive. I have a feeling most leagues will go this way, money even talks in sunday league!

Make sure I understand this. Due to a fortunate windfall, you attract all the best players by subsidising the significant costs of football (effectively paying them), then you complain because you win all the matches!
You complain about money talking but it sounds like your club is positively shouting.

Could you not move to a more competitive league? I'm sure the other teams would love to see you go!

Reactions: fbm
Back