• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2021 Friendlies

Make sure I understand this. Due to a fortunate windfall, you attract all the best players by subsidising the significant costs of football (effectively paying them), then you complain because you win all the matches!
You complain about money talking but it sounds like your club is positively shouting.

I think with the money in football that admin costs should be just that and that all clubs should be able to pay for these things with a couple of fundraising events every year, like they have in the past. Paying a massive registration cost when you don't know how much football you will play is wrong IMO, I've been registered and missed a whole season because of an injury in the last pre-season friendly before. Players might find themselves on the bench the bulk of a season and recently seasons can get cancelled.

I think with the money in football that admin costs should be just that and that all clubs should be able to pay for these things with a couple of fundraising events every year, like they have in the past. Paying a massive registration cost when you don't know how much football you will play is wrong IMO, I've been registered and missed a whole season because of an injury in the last pre-season friendly before. Players might find themselves on the bench the bulk of a season and recently seasons can get cancelled.

Registration costs are a very small part of the cost of Sunday football, certainly round this way. To assist clubs in these difficult times the Southend Sunday League is charging no entry fee for the League and League Cups and no registration fee for as many players as the clubs wish to register. All we are asking is a modest entry fee and donation to the Charity Competition all of which goes to local charities.
The real cost is that of pitch hire, especially councils who have been charging increasingly large amounts for decreasing quality of service over recent years.
I don't know who you've been paying a massive registration to as the Chelmsford League you mentioned is not charging for player registration either.

The amazing gulf in owners!

Blackpool fans should be our example on how fans can change a club when under corrupt ownership.
Careful - you cannot imply that Ron is a corrupt owner just because you don't like the way he runs the club.

There is a huge difference between what Oysten did and what Ron has done/is doing.

Careful - you cannot imply that Ron is a corrupt owner just because you don't like the way he runs the club.

There is a huge difference between what Oysten did and what Ron has done/is doing.

My comment was in comparison to the Brentford ownership is how the incredible difference can be made on league positions created by owners with 2 similar size clubs.

My comment was in comparison to the Brentford ownership is how the incredible difference can be made on league positions created by owners with 2 similar size clubs.

The Brentford owner has already sold on the land at the new stadium for housing....For a cool £400m.

Your not wrong, what and incredible difference that has made. When you add on the development of Griffin park and if the owners chooses to do the same as the Oystons and pocket some PL money he could walk away with £500m.

All owners are in it for gain, one way or another. Anyone who kids themselves otherwise is easily fooled.

The Brentford owner has already sold on the land at the new stadium for housing....For a cool £400m.

Your not wrong, what and incredible difference that has made. When you add on the development of Griffin park and if the owners chooses to do the same as the Oystons and pocket some PL money he could walk away with £500m.

All owners are in it for gain, one way or another. Anyone who kids themselves otherwise is easily fooled.
Brentford will never expand their stadium in the future, as 17k is their limits, no room at all!

One day Brentford will look at us and say how come this club of a similar size is playing in the Champions League every season in a 24000 capacity stadium and with the young progressive coach Phil Brown as their manager.

When do the players report back?

First game is at Wakering on Tuesday the 29th of July. Roughly a month away

They report back second week of July I think. Thought the friendlies were earlier than that, don't we have w*** h** on the 23rd?

Pre-season training starts on Thursday 8th July. Would imagine that day and the next are getting the players weighed etc to see how they've done over the summer break before the running starts on the Monday!

Back