• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2021 Friendlies

A good trip if we are allowed to go - great club Hornchurch always enjoyed my occasional vists there as a kid

I never understood why don't play Southend Manor
I think we played Southend Manor in a pre season friendly when Colin Murphy was manager , it was one of his first games and was booed althrough the game .

I never understood why don't play Southend Manor

We used to play Southend Manor but a number of years ago Gary Jones who was lodging with me at the time badly injured his ankle in a pre-season game largely due to the state of the pitch which was the reason we did not play for them for a few years. It would be good to play them again now though.

We used to play Southend Manor but a number of years ago Gary Jones who was lodging with me at the time badly injured his ankle in a pre-season game largely due to the state of the pitch which was the reason we did not play for them for a few years. It would be good to play them again now though.

I remember the pitch being awful and was going to suggest that might be a reason, but thought better of it as it was just a guess.

Remember that well as I was suppose to play in that game but I had a injury, if I remember it was Carl Richardson that injured Mr Jones, it was just a accident of a coming together in a challenge and Southend United made a meal of it, that was the end of them games, Southend were always complaining about the state of the pitch at south church park, always was crap.

Remember that well as I was suppose to play in that game but I had a injury, if I remember it was Carl Richardson that injured Mr Jones, it was just a accident of a coming together in a challenge and Southend United made a meal of it, that was the end of them games, Southend were always complaining about the state of the pitch at south church park, always was crap.

I remember Tony Lynch stamping on Tommy Mooney's ankle. That wasn't an accident and Tommy weren't to happy.

As nice as it is to play local sides. I'm not sure we need to drop top low in who we play.

Great Wakering rovers should be the limit.

Southend Manor is essentially a field with very little in the way of stadium structure

As nice as it is to play local sides. I'm not sure we need to drop top low in who we play.

Great Wakering rovers should be the limit.

Southend Manor is essentially a field with very little in the way of stadium structure

Southend Manor has more seats than Great Wakering

now we're a plucky non-league underdog we might be able to draw a Tottenham or Arsenal U18 side for a glamour fixture under the lights at Roots Hall.

Back