• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

I was surprised Dartford lost to Chippenham; I saw them down at Eastbourne Borough last week and they demolished the home side 7-2.

I've been to a few of the grounds we might end up at next season:

Chippenham would be an interesting visit if the somehow get through the play-offs. A tiny little ground with a hefty slope, and parking around the ground once the miniscule car park filled up was a damn nuisance. The clubhouse, shop and main facilities are at the near end of the ground so I presume they'd give us the big (ish) terrace behind the goal at the far end.

Brackley, unless they've done a lot of work to it in the past three years, is going to be a similar experience. They've got one long, low main stand and another seated stand behind the goal with terraces flanking it - from a segregation standpoint this is, I'd assume, the end we would get. The other two sides were open hard standing, I think the opposite goal had a small scaffolding cover in the middle. The town is quite quaint, though public transport is a nightmare, you'd need to get a train to Banbury then a bus.

Ebbsfleet always attract my scorn for renaming themselves after a station. Stonebridge Road is an old school non league ground, a bit of a mix of old and new. The covered terrace at one end of the ground (if it's still there) is suitably epic and you can make a ton of noise in it. They replaced the old seated main stand with a plastic looking new one, it looks very out of place. Plenty of space though, and easy to get to.

York's new ground is (just) within the city limits at Monk's Cross in Huntington although there's naff all pubs around it. Being near a park and ride means plentiful buses back to the city, so not all bad on that front. Its a pretty soulless identikit ground, all seater with a middling capacity and low seated stands that all look the same. It reminded me of a scaled down version of Col Ewe's place, only with seats that - when the ground is empty - look like a five year old's first school painting.

York v Boston North Playoff final.

Never made it to York Street but went to Bootham Cresent.

2 new stadiums nether the less.

York Street is still in use, just not by Boston United - a team called Railway Athletic play there now, using it until the owner decides to sell. York Street is well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that part of Lincolnshire.

Good results for us at the weekend, they may be a bit far north but at least Boston and York have decent followings and grounds with good facilities. Just need Ebbsfleet to roll over Dorking now, I've seen pictures of Meadowbank and it looks pretty basic, certainly not suitable for Conference football.

York Street is still in use, just not by Boston United - a team called Railway Athletic play there now, using it until the owner decides to sell. York Street is well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that part of Lincolnshire.

Good results for us at the weekend, they may be a bit far north but at least Boston and York have decent followings and grounds with good facilities. Just need Ebbsfleet to roll over Dorking now, I've seen pictures of Meadowbank and it looks pretty basic, certainly not suitable for Conference football.

Went to an evening game at Boston playing against Southend. I got there about 5 to 10 minutes late. Just as I walked along the front of the stand & a couple of yards behind the goal, we put the ball in the very same onion bag. Possibly mid 1990s? Sadly I can't remember how we got on after that.

It's great that the likes of Maidstone and hopefully Ebsfleet are coming up but it's going to be hard to get tickets.

Maidstone only holds around 4500 and I'm sure we will only get about 1000 tickets there.

The away points scheme hasn't exactly worked well.

It's great that the likes of Maidstone and hopefully Ebsfleet are coming up but it's going to be hard to get tickets.

Maidstone only holds around 4500 and I'm sure we will only get about 1000 tickets there.

The away points scheme hasn't exactly worked well.
Yes, definitely.

It will interesting to see if points roll over because if not it will have been the biggest waste of time since Sol Campbell.

Yes, definitely.

It will interesting to see if points roll over because if not it will have been the biggest waste of time since Sol Campbell.

Your right but its easier to get them in the home end. Not sure I have even got a point as someone else always books them.

Went to an evening game at Boston playing against Southend. I got there about 5 to 10 minutes late. Just as I walked along the front of the stand & a couple of yards behind the goal, we put the ball in the very same onion bag. Possibly mid 1990s? Sadly I can't remember how we got on after that.
Wednesday 3rd March 2004. Mark Bentley put us in front after 6 minutes, Stuart Balmer was sent off for the hosts just before the hour mark and Neil Jenkins doubled our lead on 65. A 2-0 win, our only league success at York Street.

I went to their new ground over the new year period and was quite impressed by it, although they haven't quite finished it yet and have some work to do behind one of the goals.

Your right but its easier to get them in the home end. Not sure I have even got a point as someone else always books them.
I went to 20 away games and amassed 580 points. All are on my account as they are for my son. There is a group of us that go to most away games maybe anything between 4-10. Whoever got the tickets if needed contacted the ticket office and had the points added. At the end of the season re did a recon and all 10 of us have the right amount of points on our account. Never had one problem doing it. Just emailed Jordan, Ticket office Manager and he sorted it every time.

I went to 20 away games and amassed 580 points. All are on my account as they are for my son. There is a group of us that go to most away games maybe anything between 4-10. Whoever got the tickets if needed contacted the ticket office and had the points added. At the end of the season re did a recon and all 10 of us have the right amount of points on our account. Never had one problem doing it. Just emailed Jordan, Ticket office Manager and he sorted it every time.

Well done for the 20 away games. I know a couple of guys who went all home and away.....48? games

Back