• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

That's me feeling sulky now. Could have been us if the club hierarchy hadn't tried to get through a season with a load of broken middle aged men managed by a man who checked out 5 years ago.

Bollocks.
No chance. The rot for SUFC has been deep and you have to consider Grimsby have new, enthusiastic ownership which we don’t have currently.

Must give us confidence, if Grimsby can make it back to the EFL from finishing 6th in the league then why cant we??

First team to finish 6th and win promotion and one of very few to bounce straight back (Bristol Rovers last time?).

Thought Callum Howe was terrific! Just what we need.
Is the BBC person on duty a Moors fan?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 17.44.24.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 17.44.24.png
    614.7 KB · Views: 41
Just looked at BBC website and they have Solihull as 2-1 winners. How pathetic that their sports department can't even get a football result right. Like all of the media they are only interested in Liverpool, Manchester City and the Premier League.

No chance. The rot for SUFC has been deep and you have to consider Grimsby have new, enthusiastic ownership which we don’t have currently.
I'm just sulking. Moment of realisation that this is going to be one hell of a long journey back...

First time Grimsby went down the NL it took them a good few years to get back. I guess there was enough knowledge still at the club from those days to know what it took. whether we'd have been up there in the play-offs if we'd made all the changes immediately after the last season ended we'll never know, but I have faith we'll be up there next season.

I'm just sulking. Moment of realisation that this is going to be one hell of a long journey back...
I get your pain, but with RM having a firm grip over this football club I think it's not worth thinking about what could have been if we were run well.

It's Grimsby's day today, I'm saving my sulking in case we don't manage to throw our hat in the ring next season but I hope to be pleased by the new SUFC hierarchy.

Well done Grimsby,things looking good for us next season, shows we are not far away from a team that can compete at the top end off the table,Lost 1,0 away to Grimsby,won 1.0 at home,A couple of good singing,And lopta and Neil back on loan,and I think we will be right up there next season felling very positive for next season.

Congratulations to Grimsby.. When you consider though that they actually finished below us as well even though we were as bad as we were and their huge turnover of players in the summer.. their bounce straight back is even more impressive. Anything other than a fight for at least the playoffs next season is a failure for me.
They had a takeover just before the end of last season, as my local team the support from them in this area is unbelievable, their only rivals are Hull (a rugby city) and Scunthorpe (a bigger basket case than us).

I seem to remember Stan pointing to their recruitment in the summer as being something we should do.

The end result is one less big club in this league.

Back