• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Kit - (H/A)

Just something in the shop or on the website would be good start

Saw that stuff with Gard, he's quite the character!

Looks as if Nathan Ralph will be staying with us then :Thumbs up:

I really hope that the shop is better stocked next season - I Chuck my money around like a man with no arms when it comes to Southend memorabilia but I can quite honestly say that there has been virtually nothing worth buying in there this year.

The quality of some of the items have been abysmal - the baseball caps for example ? and I really hope that Macron up their game considerably next year and offer at least an upgrade of what has been available this season as their range is extremely poor - and expensive ?

I actually have no idea whether Macron are good, bad or indifferent. They appear to be a very popular brand throughout professional football, but maybe you get what you pay for as a club when you sign up with them. They were bought to the feast quite late in the day when Hummel withdrew, and I would bet a reasonable amount that Hummel bailed out due to non payment. therefore our reputation precedes us. Hopefully this season things will improve, but for that to happen the club need to be aware formally of the fans dissatisfaction with last season's offerings. So, Trust members who lurk here, have you guys told the Club about our views?

I actually have no idea whether Macron are good, bad or indifferent. They appear to be a very popular brand throughout professional football, but maybe you get what you pay for as a club when you sign up with them. They were bought to the feast quite late in the day when Hummel withdrew, and I would bet a reasonable amount that Hummel bailed out due to non payment. therefore our reputation precedes us. Hopefully this season things will improve, but for that to happen the club need to be aware formally of the fans dissatisfaction with last season's offerings. So, Trust members who lurk here, have you guys told the Club about our views?
The club monitor SZ all the time

Yes.

Tom and Rhys have been made very clear about the views on Macron. A three year deal was signed so we are stuck with them but as D:Ream said - things can only get better.

Reactions: RHB
Without a doubt. Tinpot if they can't produce different coloured officials' kits.

This year's kit is clearly in contravention of the League rules. That's why our socks changed to white to mitigate the situation. Presumably we either notified them incorrectly or they failed to pick up on it. Either way I don't expect us to be playing in navy blue next season.
I suspect I'm not the only one who couldn't care in the slightest about who makes our kit or what it looks like, within reason. Much more concerned with the product on the pitch than the product in the shops.

Why should the League provide multi-coloured kits to a very large number of officials just because one club can't comply with clear instructions? Don't forget there are far more referees and assistants relative to the number of clubs at this level.

Can we also have kits for infants please.
Still haven’t been able to buy my son a shirt yet. He is probably over the moon about that, but I want to try and tie him down to being a Shrimper early doors.
The NSPCC will be at your door in due course sir

This year's kit is clearly in contravention of the League rules. That's why our socks changed to white to mitigate the situation. Presumably we either notified them incorrectly or they failed to pick up on it. Either way I don't expect us to be playing in navy blue next season.
I suspect I'm not the only one who couldn't care in the slightest about who makes our kit or what it looks like, within reason. Much more concerned with the product on the pitch than the product in the shops.

Why should the League provide multi-coloured kits to a very large number of officials just because one club can't comply with clear instructions? Don't forget there are far more referees and assistants relative to the number of clubs at this level.
Not a great fan of wearing colours to a match then @Mick?

Will there be a badge or logo on the Blues thong as modeled by Master Gard?
And that blue is so dark it is almost black.
the training kit looks okay-good.

The range of gnomes last season was poor, can I suggest a Tango Man one, and a Wee Birdee Special, all kilted out for Wembley?

Even if we don't sign on Gard, could we not put him in a permanent modelling role for us?

I think that works for all parties.

Back