• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Pre-Season Friendlies: confirmed fixtures / dates

Collymore link I suspect. He still speaks to Mark Bright I believe, who is an ambassador and advisor there. So maybe arranged through those channels.
Ahhhhh ok. Of course! Cheers. It's a good test for us if they don't play the U23's as mentioned above.

Anyone planning to go to this?

I'm definitely going to Kettering - their groundshare at Latimer Park is a new ground for me, having also been to Rockingham Road when they played there - and probably Kings Langley as well. KL are a friendly club with a nice little bar area (when I went you could sit on the benches outside it and watch the game) and a very enthusiastic PA chap who played all the pre-match music as if he were a DJ in a nightclub.

its great playing Kettering and KL, good public relations and nice for the lads first up to get some playing time ,Also like the idea of the Palace friendly too ,think the lads will be looking forward to that as much as SVC .

Our first confirmed games of pre-season ahead of the new 2022/23 campaign can be announced.

Kevin Maher’s side will begin their preparations with a friendly fixture against Kings Langley on Saturday, July 9. The game will take place at Gaywood Park, kick off 3pm.

Three days later Blues will take on Mark Bentley’s former club Canvey Island at Park Lane. The game against the Pitching In Isthmian League Premier Division side will kick-off at 7.30pm.

On Saturday, July 16, Blues will face Callum Powell’s former team Kettering Town at Latimer Park. The National League North division side will host us with a 3pm kick-off time.

A local derby against Colchester United on Tuesday, July 19 follows (7.30pm kick-off) before Blues return to Roots Hall for the first time a few days later and face League Two opposition again, this time against Neil Harris’ Gillingham.

Blues will end their pre-season with a trip to National League South side Concord Rangers.

More dates will be confirmed in due course.

Pre-Season Schedule

Saturday, July 9 – Kings Langley (A), 3pm
Tuesday, July 12 – Canvey Island (A), 7.30pm
Saturday, July 16 – Kettering Town (A), 3pm
Tuesday, July 19 – Colchester United (A), 7.30pm
Saturday, July 23 – Gillingham (H), 3pm
Saturday, July 30 – Concord Rangers (A), 3pm

The new National League season will then kick off on the weekend of Saturday, August 6. Blues’ full fixture list for the new season will be announced near to the first week of July. We will announce the fixture release date when confirmed.

Full ticketing details for Southend’s pre-season fixtures will be announced ahead of the games.

Back