• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Pre-Season Friendlies: confirmed fixtures / dates

Another pre-season friendly has been added to the schedule with a trip to face Sky Bet League One opposition next month.

Kevin Maher will take his Southend United squad to Portman Road to take on Ipswich Town, managed by Kieran McKenna.

Blues will make the journey up the A12 twice in quick succession with the game against the Tractor Boys coming a week after facing Colchester United.

The friendly is due to take place on Tuesday, July 26 with a 7pm kick-off. Ticket information will be released closer to the game.

It is the seventh pre-season friendly to be announced so far ahead of the 2022/23 Vanarama National League campaign.

We have a good few away friendlies but just the one at home.

It's a good source of income for the club that they are missing out on.

Maybe they will add a marquee home friendly in there.

I guess it’s help to prepare our side for next season, I am pleased with the friendlies games that been arranged. I am not worried about having 1 home games, it’s what our management team wanted, I have to back them.

Anyway, normally Col Ewes & Ipswich should be home game, but I am happy to go away next month, pressure is on both side, not to fail to beat a NL side 😜

Surely Nathan Ralph's fee will bring a fee quid in?

It’s really not. Chris Phillips put on a game for Barks, which had a bigger attendance than we’d get for a friendly versus a L1 side and that raised £15k and that’s with volunteers working for free, loads of stuff being auctioned etc. That’s barely going to pay the electricity costs of turning on the flood lights for an evening match.

Being based in the North of the county I thoroughly welcome this year's pre-season programme...

Hi all
Sorry to ask in this thread as I didn’t want to open a whole new one, but does anyone ITK know when Meet the Blues Day will be this year? I have seen 31st July mentioned. I’m not simply being impatient, I want to book a hotel as will be travelling down for the whole day.
Thanks all

Hi all
Sorry to ask in this thread as I didn’t want to open a whole new one, but does anyone ITK know when Meet the Blues Day will be this year? I have seen 31st July mentioned. I’m not simply being impatient, I want to book a hotel as will be travelling down for the whole day.
Thanks all

Ditto. Would be appreciated

Hi all
Thanks all
I very much doubt they will be able to confirm it till probably after fixture release day. That is the date that has been suggested as being most likely. April normally only gets two or three weeks to put the whole thing on!

I very much doubt they will be able to confirm it till probably after fixture release day. That is the date that has been suggested as being most likely. April normally only gets two or three weeks to put the whole thing on!
Sunday the 31st of July was also indicated to me by Rhys. Poor April will be rushed off her little feet.

Thank you. Yes very much appreciate the hard work behind the scenes by April and the team.

Palace U21's added.

22/23 Pre-Season Games

Saturday, July 9 – Kings Langley (A), 3pm
Tuesday, July 12 – Canvey Island (A), 7.30pm
Saturday, July 16 – Kettering Town (A), 3pm
Tuesday, July 19 – Colchester United (A), 7.30pm
Saturday, July 23 – Gillingham (H), 3pm
Tuesday, July 26 – Ipswich Town (A), 7pm
Friday, July 29 – Crystal Palace U21s (H), 7.30pm
Saturday, July 30 – Concord Rangers (A), 3pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back