• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

Has there been any news on how long existing ST have to renew their seats before they go on general sale, cannot see anything on SUFC website!

Thanks

There has been very little info full stop.

Considering the season card renewals are the life blood of the club, you would think they would be taking every opportunity to advertise.

Anyone know if we will be keeping our same cards or get issued with new ones? It’d save me the hassle like last year if we keep the same. Plus my cards pretty new anyway as I know you’re all well aware of the issues I had getting mine.
I hope so, my sons is gold (he's 15) and I always sing "You've got the golden ticket" **, which I get the reply " Shut up dad you're an idiot" So obviously I'm going to continue.

** reference to C&TCF

Has there been any news on how long existing ST have to renew their seats before they go on general sale, cannot see anything on SUFC website!

Thanks
I think it's normally about June 30th but not seen anything about it this season

Thanks
The club is a joke.

How many other clubs are refusing to let season ticket holders renew their season ticket with a Debit or Credit card.

Can anybody name one other club ?

So you can’t use your bank card to pay either ? You’ve got to go in the bank to take out cash ?? Or set up a direct transfer from your bank (surely that’s the same as using your bank card) am I not understanding

So you can’t use your bank card to pay either ? You’ve got to go in the bank to take out cash ?? Or set up a direct transfer from your bank (surely that’s the same as using your bank card) am I not understanding
Interesting question @Mr Browns Ghost . If you transfer the payment from your bank to the Club's account electronically then there is no usage of the Club's card machines, and I think that might be part of the issues. The cost of using their card machines may be a problem for them, or maybe the Club and card issuers are at odds currently, for whatever reason.

I would say that isn't a bad figure, given the economic situation at present. I would think the Club should be prepared for lower attendances if things continue as they are. May just be a question of priorities for some, keeping warm and food or football.

popped down Saturday to pay in cash (after going to the bank two days running to get that amount of cash out) of course , not open, why an earth would they be open on the day the majority (not all) have off work.. so worked from home today, headed down at 10:30 to sort.. not open.. Again why on earth would they commit to the opening times on the sign outside.. sat in the car, 11 am opened, and payed in cash.. ffs they don't make it easy

I am sure this is previously posted but belt and braces the club explain quite clearly why the are asking for payments other than by card. Of course, in due course, I am sure that those who need to pay be card will be able to do so, but if it was made available straight away it would minimise rather than maximise the immediate/near term cash inflow..

I am sure this is previously posted but belt and braces the club explain quite clearly why the are asking for payments other than by card. Of course, in due course, I am sure that those who need to pay be card will be able to do so, but if it was made available straight away it would minimise rather than maximise the immediate/near term cash inflow..

True but I'm sure they would have sold another 1000 to 1500 by now.

They are shooting themselves in the foot.

True but I'm sure they would have sold another 1000 to 1500 by now.

They are shooting themselves in the foot.
Yes. People who may have had a weak moment may not have another. Or may lose some income, be more worried about cost of living crisis now than they were in April.

If the strategy is to have a few more very promising signings made and "open" up the ST to card purchases that may well get some good folk to commit for the coming season.
ATM nothing much is changing and early buyers will have done so already.

And with World Cup stopping Prem and Chump games mid season the lower leagues may have attendance surge at the same time, especially if England and Wales make progress.

popped down Saturday to pay in cash (after going to the bank two days running to get that amount of cash out) of course , not open, why an earth would they be open on the day the majority (not all) have off work.. so worked from home today, headed down at 10:30 to sort.. not open.. Again why on earth would they commit to the opening times on the sign outside.. sat in the car, 11 am opened, and payed in cash.. ffs they don't make it easy

In the close season the box office is open from 11am to 4pm on the weekdays and closed on Saturday.

For comparison, Wrexham have shifted just shy of 6,000 season tickets so far. They've been on-sale for 2 hours :COLU::Stunned:

£340 Adult as well.

Back