• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

Don't think so.

0% interest if paid off in full and protection if the finances of the club go belly up.

No brainer!!

Exactly this. I had interest free transfer for 29 months and interest free purchases for 9 months. All protected if the club folded for some reason.

I understand the protection angle on credit card payments, simple stuff.

From that is it then that so many folks are really thinking the club is now close to going belly up?

Things are admittedly tight BUT Mr Lawrence and the gang are doing a very good job in trying to right the ship and keep us afloat?

And wouldn't some confidence and support in purchasing STs help?

#nobrainerplus

From that is it then that so many folks are really thinking the club is now close to going belly up?

Things are admittedly tight BUT Mr Lawrence and the gang are doing a very good job in trying to right the ship and keep us afloat?

#nobrainerplus
Of course. But some people simply don’t have £295 (or significantly more than that if buying multiple season cards) spare cash in the middle of a cost of living crisis. A credit card is therefore needed to ease the burden and spread the cost. Most if not all other clubs from the PL to NL (perhaps Swindon the exception) offer debit, credit or payment plan options to purchase season cards. Why are we so different?. No other club talks about the issue of being drip fed by credit companies. It’s a shame. But I do see both sides of the argument.

@Smiffy I understand all that, very clearly put by you and also other clubs positions.

What I don't understand is why, when, etc posters are reluctant to buy STs because of fear of our club collapsing? For me we are further from that than we have been for at least 3 seasons?

I suspect also that those fans truly stretched financially would not be best served by buying STs on credit.

@Smiffy I understand all that, very clearly put by you and also other clubs positions.

What I don't understand is why, when, etc posters are reluctant to buy STs because of fear of our club collapsing? For me we are further from that than we have been for at least 3 seasons?

I suspect also that those fans truly stretched financially would not be best served by buying STs on credit.
Fans stretched financially might have no choice though I guess..but agree I don't think in the vast majority of cases the protection offered by a credit card is a decision point.

I do wonder if the club looked at half season cards. If £295 a year maybe half season at £160? Unless you pay the credit card off in time (in which case why not pay cash anyway) then you will get hit in most cases by interest. Those that pay £160 x2 will spread the payment, the club nets an extra 10% revenues. There has to be a point at which this makes sense?

I for one am someone that does want to pay by cash to help my club but due to increase in everything am finding it difficult to get anything near enough to do it this way currently. Looking like credit card is gonna be my only option sadly

Why’s that pay 295 pay day 50 a month of cost more with interest but your watching your passion and can budget accordingly

I reckon you're right on the pay up in full, but you might as well buy a season card in cash on that basis?

But if you have a 9 month interest free option. You can buy the card at £295 and pay it off over 9 months at £32 per month. If we have 23 league games that would cost £20 on the day, it's a no brainer and a money saver.

Reactions: RHB

#nobrai

I reckon you're right on the pay up in full, but you might as well buy a season card in cash on that basis?
But you dont get the financial protection a credit card gives.

If you buy a season ticket before the early bird discount then money is saved there?
And if you buy an early bird then that gives 3 " free" bonus guest passes worth about £60.
#nobrainerextraplus

But if you have a 9 month interest free option. You can buy the card at £295 and pay it off over 9 months at £32 per month. If we have 23 league games that would cost £20 on the day, it's a no brainer and a money saver.
The solution for the those like myself who are not that concerned of blues collapse! would be to pay as you say £32 per month to the club , the club gets guaranteed income spread across the season. Maybe they need to be more inventive on payment schemes going forward..

What protection did those get that bought during covid?
And do you REALLY believe club is close to collapse?

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and previously always paid in full with a Debit card.

When we had the season curtailed due to Covid, the club did not give you the option of a refund if you wanted one. The only option was to donate your money to the club or get a credit towards the next season. What if you were unable to attend the next season?

For this reason I want confidence that if the club were to go belly up or if the season got curtailed for whatever reason I am protected.

Hope that answers your questions.

If the club was to fold, although the money would be a big loss, I would be more devastated by the loss of my lifelong supported club and my only interest in football. So I was quite happy to pay cash, but I can understand some can’t afford to.

If the club was to fold, although the money would be a big loss, I would be more devastated by the loss of my lifelong supported club and my only interest in football. So I was quite happy to pay cash, but I can understand some can’t afford to.
Totally get your point and none of us want the club to fold and we would all be devasted.

Seems like the club are shooting themselves in the foot though, because all those that were happy to pay for season tickets with cash/bank transfer have done so.

However there are many others with the same view point as myself and if the club now allowed payment with debit/credit cards they would be getting more income that is required at this time of the year.

Totally get your point and none of us want the club to fold and we would all be devasted.

Seems like the club are shooting themselves in the foot though, because all those that were happy to pay for season tickets with cash/bank transfer have done so.

However there are many others with the same view point as myself and if the club now allowed payment with debit/credit cards they would be getting more income that is required at this time of the year.
So say the club don’t change their stance at all would you pay on the day?

What protection did those get that bought during covid?
And do you REALLY believe club is close to collapse?
The club is insolvent and therefore is seen as a high risk by credit card companies.

The club continues to exist because it is supported by Ron, and while this support continues, there would be no immediate danger of collapse.

Back