• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Kit - (H/A)

Out of curiosity are most club shops now a franchise as it seems that ours is by far and away the worst I have seen.

We used to have our own back in the day so what changed and why do we have the most useless shop out of the lot?

as the kits are bespoke I assume Sponsorship will be an interesting component? and sometimes this may relate to and effect timings ,development and marketing ?
Are they fully bespoke? Or one of the templates with some small bespoke additions? Cant thing of many non league sides who get a 100% bespoke kit

The club shop is a FRANCHISE so it is a dilemma for TL and his team as what to do.
If they were to get involved then that could start different issues if, and when, things weren't going well.
It is close season and footfall will be minimal in shop until new kit is available.
The lack of communication is expected when there is not much to say?

Hopefully loads of good work is being done behind the scenes?
I thought macron ran the shop like Hummel did before which in my mind wouldn’t be a franchise. They say you learn something every day so i learnt something today About the club.

I’ve not read all of the thread, but ask who made the ‘game for Barks’ shirts? Really like them. Better than the home shirt from last season.

Stan is clearly talking about premier League clubs.

Kits every 2 seasons is stupid for clubs like ours.

We just need better quality. If next year's is like last I won't be buying it again

I reckon with Macron you pays your money you takes your choice. There are various International teams, Italian Serie A teams and various FL teams that wear the stuff. And presumably the quality depends on how much a Club wants to spend.

Stan is clearly talking about premier League clubs.

Kits every 2 seasons is stupid for clubs like ours.

We just need better quality. If next year's is like last I won't be buying it again
So these brands subcontracting their work to companies who do a slapdash job and sully their reputation is fine?

Turns out the cockups of last season wasn’t a one off it seems. Therefore the reputation of a decent firm like Macron is getting tarnished thanks to whatever is happening. If you’re going to charge £45-£50 for a premium product, make it reflect the price.

Likewise, if Stan is talking to Macron about the quality of our kits, something has gone haywire. My point is that we are now being served up with crap that a few years ago you’d forgive because you saved 80% buying from Wish. And I’m sure this is hurting our finances with whatever kickback we get per shirt and every penny counts right now.

I reckon with Macron you pays your money you takes your choice. There are various International teams, Italian Serie A teams and various FL teams that wear the stuff. And presumably the quality depends on how much a Club wants to spend.
Macron had the contract with UEFA to supply the lower nations with bespoke kit. I have a Cyprus kit that is decent. It can be done, but something in the chain is completely falling apart.

It hurts the club, it hurts Macron. It makes no sense to accept it as “one of those things”

It's a shame Hummel let themselves down with the poor adhesive and stick-on badges, if they did proper embroidery then I'd much rather have them.

I truly thought Macron would be class too, I have a few Macron shirts from foreign holidays over the years, one of my favourites being a Sporting Lisbon shirt. I always found them comfortable and a good fit but what a let down it's been.

Stoke City's kits look absolute fire 🔥

But again ... The biggest let down with our kits is the blind arthritic person we have stitching our logos on.

Surely they could find a company to do it ? Maybe a local one? Maybe a local company that also supports Southend United ? ...

Anything spring to mind? 👀

It's a shame Hummel let themselves down with the poor adhesive and stick-on badges, if they did proper embroidery then I'd much rather have them.

I truly thought Macron would be class too, I have a few Macron shirts from foreign holidays over the years, one of my favourites being a Sporting Lisbon shirt. I always found them comfortable and a good fit but what a let down it's been.
The Hummel one is weird because I bought both shirts when they came out and still yet haven’t had any issues with mine, the embroidery badges would’ve been way nicer thought I agree with that

The Hummel one is weird because I bought both shirts when they came out and still yet haven’t had any issues with mine, the embroidery badges would’ve been way nicer thought I agree with that

Same. Turn the shirt inside out and wash it on cold or 30 degrees, then there shouldn't be a problem. They weren't good though and they should have been embroidered instead, which is what I believe they began doing this season. Unfortunately by that point, SUFC had already done the damage to the relationship.

Where the kits that were worn on the match for barks made by Joma. I think they made Charltons kits for a while

Back