• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Southend 0...Boston...2, probabley one of the worst games of football I have ever witnessed, graeme jones scored for them and we were diabolical! I remember driving home with my son trying to pick him up after our defeat but there was deathly silence at the tescos roundabout on the A127 because we were so bad!
23 Monthes on, and we probabley witnessed one of the best second half performances I have seen at roots hall We were Awesome!!! I couldnt shut him up, we had one the league at tescos roundabout, Qualified for europe at rayleigh weir, and we where playing real madrid in the champions league final by the A130.....a very happy shrimper

Good comparison there. I remember thinking after that game that we might not be long for the football league.

Thank god for Tilly and Brush! Times are good!
biggrin.gif

Tonight it was Scarboro' 0 Southport 1 in the clash of the Ex-League Seasiders. 23 months ago who would have bet against us joining them?

Dont give me nightmares!
I guess by the time u got home, eastwood was playing for england with barett ?

The Boston match saw my first "official" Shrimperzone match report and the atmosphere after the game resembled a funeral. Even though it was in October I could see no way out. I don't think Jones scored though, did he? Anyway, who cares!

How quickly things change!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Sep. 27 2005,23:31)]Dont give me nightmares!
I guess by the time u got home, eastwood was playing for england with barett ?
By the time we had got home we had beat real 3....0 barrett hattrick, he also got M.O.M marking D.Beckham out of the game and we paraded the trophy around our new 30,000 seater stadium at fossets farm....the innocence of youth!!!

Bring on Madrid thats what i say.

In all seriousness the way things have changed in the last 23 months, is fantastic.

I am so proud to be a Southend United fan. I am sure you can all agree when i say how annoying it was when with your pride of teh blues came abuse from other premiers*it fans, and now the abuse has been replaced by genuine interest and praise, fantastic, let the good times roll.

A friend of mine, is off to university this weekend, and he is by his own admition not a avid supporter of Southend, but has always been interested, and asked me lots. he has just asked me to go to the club shop with him tomorrow so he can by a club shirt, to parade at uni, and show his prode for being a Southender!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Sep. 27 2005,23:22)]Southend 0...Boston...2, probabley one of the worst games of football I have ever witnessed, graeme jones scored for them and we were diabolical! I remember driving home with my son trying to pick him up after our defeat but there was deathly silence at the tescos roundabout on the A127 because we were so bad!
23 Monthes on, and we probabley witnessed one of the best second half performances I have seen at roots hall We were Awesome!!! I couldnt shut him up, we had one the league at tescos roundabout, Qualified for europe at rayleigh weir, and we where playing real madrid in the champions league final by the A130.....a very happy shrimper
Absolutely uncanny, Winkle, I was thinking about that very match today during my journey home. Roots Hall was like a morgue that evening - only about 2,500 in attendance if I remember rightly - and we were so bad against what was dire opposition that I was nearly in tears during the second half.

Now when I look at the quality oozing from our current squad: a) I have to pinch myself that I'm not having some wonderful dream; and b) I find it hard to believe those dark days ever existed and are so recent.

Let's really savour the good times, guys, it's a fantastic time to be a Southend United supporter.
biggrin.gif

If we are talking low points here Macclelfield at home two years ago sticks in my mind. Two teams bottom of league, lose this I thought and we could go out of the league. Dudfield comes on and scores we win one nil.

Since then its been a real fairy tale (dont you love footballing cliches).

And last nights second half well as someone who has watched football for 40 years plus, you wont see any better than that at any level of football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GodblessArthurRowley @ Sep. 28 2005,08:45)]If we are talking low points here Macclelfield at home two years ago sticks in my mind. Two teams bottom of league, lose this I thought and we could go out of the league. Dudfield comes on and scores we win one nil.

Since then its been a real fairy tale (dont you love footballing cliches).

And last nights second half well as someone who has watched football for 40 years plus, you wont see any better than that at any level of football.
That really sums it up well that game against Macc was dreadful, freezing cold and diabolical football.

Last nights 2nd half performance was outstanding.

It makes such a change to walk in the office and not have the p%&s ripped out of me.

14 Years ago we were top of division two ahead of Blackburn, Middlesborough and Charlton.

Tilson out!

smile.gif

Back