• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we shoot towards the North or South 2nd Half?

• Total voters
I think this thread speaks for itself when you look at the exeter game? I think second half shooting towards us really rallied the players with our support behind the goal in the North Bank!

I think this thread speaks for itself when you look at the exeter game? I think second half shooting towards us really rallied the players with our support behind the goal in the North Bank!

Also helped we made substitutions in the 2nd half....

Yes I know that luggy made the right choices, but psychologically it must have helped to hear a roar right by their ears when we came close to scoring rather than from the other end of the stadium?

Listening to BBC Essex I thought we had more 4200 crowd.. well done to eveyone who gave 110%:thumbsup:

1. More vocal support
  2. Player agrees
  3. Proven to work

Regarding point 3... in what sense? I saw mention of Harris referring to this in the Exeter game. Otherwise, what are you basing this on? Results over a certain period of time?

For me it is not about what I prefer but more about what the players prefer and I don't know of any other quotes than the Harris one? Do you?

There seems to be a Poll option missing.

• - I dont particularly care

I'd rather they played towards South Stand... Then they can look up, and see fans, instead of nothing... The goal keeper is also under more pressure in South...

When I started going, the North end of the pitch was always "home" territory. The team warmed up there before the match and always defended that end from choice first, and kicked towards it in the second.

i know we were down to 10 last night but it didn't seem to work in the 1st half.

it wouldnt same as the kop doesnt work when liverpool get turned around . it seemed to work v exeter and think it would work better second half than first .

There is only one answer to this question----- Sturrock should decide , and regardless of where we sit we should all support his decision. anyone who disagrees is putting there own preferences before the good of the team , so it would be interesting to hear an argument against this view

There is only one answer to this question----- Sturrock should decide , and regardless of where we sit we should all support his decision. anyone who disagrees is putting there own preferences before the good of the team , so it would be interesting to hear an argument against this view

Will raise this at committee meeting tonight

When I started going, the North end of the pitch was always "home" territory. The team warmed up there before the match and always defended that end from choice first, and kicked towards it in the second.

Indeed, and the South end is now our end and is we have a higher % of supporters up that end.

Id be pretty peeved if it was changed, especially as being in the family enclosure I have no option to move.

Exeter changed us around for a reason to unsettle us. I dont think doing what the opposition chose to do is a great idea...

Indeed, and the South end is now our end and is we have a higher % of supporters up that end.

Id be pretty peeved if it was changed, especially as being in the family enclosure I have no option to move.

Exeter changed us around for a reason to unsettle us. I dont think doing what the opposition chose to do is a great idea...
You can change your family stand tickets for North Bank tickets for any league match, they even do it on the day of the mstch from the main ticket office. If you dont like the North Bank you could actually sit anywhere in the West Stand there are plenty of empty seats.

You can change your family stand tickets for North Bank tickets for any league match, they even do it on the day of the match from the main ticket office. If you dont like the North Bank you could actually sit anywhere in the West Stand there are plenty of empty seats.

You can change your family stand tickets for North Bank tickets for any league match, they even do it on the day of the mstch from the main ticket office. If you dont like the North Bank you could actually sit anywhere in the West Stand there are plenty of empty seats.

Or even the subs bench :whistling:

Back