• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2nd ODI

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Can't believe England have dropped Bopara.

Miller out! Moores out! Whittaker out! Giles out!

He is England's best young batsman and a player we should be giving maximum amount of chance to succeed. He's hit a bloody double hundred in a limited overs games, plus a hundred off about 50 balls already this season. What more do you need to do to get in a generally poor England one-day side?

Would be a better choice than Bell opening, would be a better choice than Wright and probably Shah and Patel as well.

Play Bopara!

Must admit I was surprised to see Bopara dropped.

Personally would of kept the side same as per the first ODI, old saying you cant change a winning side.

Harsh decision considering Ravi has much more class than Wright. Patel earnt his place for today, so Wright should have been dropped.

I also couldn't belive Ravi was droped, one of the wrost decision i have seen by England. I don't know why they bring back Collingwood for Ravi if they wanted Collingwood back bring him in for Wright or Bell. Wicket just gone 25-2

Must admit I was surprised to see Bopara dropped.

Personally would of kept the side same as per the first ODI, old saying you cant change a winning side.

I think Colly coming in is a fair shout as he is a mainstay of our team.....and him in for Wright who wasnt needed on Friday would not have been much of a change.

Am amazed Ravi has been dropped though. He was left out of the test team quite late in the day as well. I thought I read he got on well with KP but recent decisions (such sa dropping him down the order and leaving him out of this game) suggest otherwise. Surely he has far more class than Wright.

Andre Nel has just smacked 3 fours off 4 balls to ruin Broads figures

10-3-23-5 aint too shabby though :clap::clap:

83 all out Ravi will not be back in the team for a while as long as we win this easily

Great bowling from England, Broad in particular.

I can understand why England wanted Wright in, as he gives them something a little bit extra in the final 10 overs.

As far as I'm concerned Pietersen and Collingwood are the only automatic selections with the bat. After than I'm looking to build a team and the first name on my teamsheet if I'm trying to build a team for the future is Bopara.

Great win for England today, and well done. Like most I was diasppointed to see Ravi left out, and if England keep winning he'll not get back in this summer.

Great bowling from England, Broad in particular.

I can understand why England wanted Wright in, as he gives them something a little bit extra in the final 10 overs.

As far as I'm concerned Pietersen and Collingwood are the only automatic selections with the bat. After than I'm looking to build a team and the first name on my teamsheet if I'm trying to build a team for the future is Bopara.

Surely it's Ravi?

Awesome stuff, shame I missed virtually all of it!

same here. took my daughter to the circus with the hope of getting home and settling down for the night to watch a thrilling game of cricket. pull up on the driveway and my boy meets with cricket has finished england 2 nil up.

great. at least i've got to watch the whole game again straight afterwards.

Back