• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Arry resigns

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
Harry Redknapp has resigned as manager from Portsmouth.

He says he's been thinking about it for a while and wants a 'complete break from the game.'

This story was on FA Premier League website.

...what chances he'll go back to Upton Park
rock.gif

It will certainly be a shock to Pomey fans, what's the odds on a South Coast relegation double along with Southampton?

Portsmouth wont go down. They'll be fine this season.

Rumour has it that one day he wants to buy Bournemouth.

When he was manager at West Ham I so wanted to dislike him but everytime I saw him on TV he came across so well. Unlike many managers in the pro game nowadays he talks sense and really says what he thinks.

What he's achieved at Pompey is little short of a miracle and for their chairman to allow this to happen is an absolute joke.

I've heard about his interest in buying Bournemouth - good luck to him I say!

Yeah, I've got a soft spot for him as well.

It still makes me laugh when I see that video that was posted on here a couple of years ago. He was doing a television interview at their training ground and one of the players hit him with the ball. The player said he was aiming for the goal and Redknapp ended up saying "no wonder he's in the f*cking reserves".
laugh.gif

Also heard the rumour that he wants to buy Bournemouth and I reckon that will be what happens eventually. Also, wouldn't be too surprised with him getting the West Ham job.

I have some concerns about the Bournemouth scenario. Isn't that a club which is owned by the fans via a supporters' trust, after it almost went bust a few years back?

If so, why should Harry be allowed to waltz in and buy it?

Imagine if the SUSCT owned SUFC, and Webby then said he'd like to buy the club. I should hope that the SUSCT, wording it extremely nicely (of course), would make an announcement of how flattered they were in the interest, and that any donation he may wish to make to the Trust would be gratefully received, but that the club belongs to the fans and cannot at any time in the future be sold to a single individual.

Thoughts?

rock.gif

Matt

P.S. Mandaric is a fool - you see, that's what comes when one man owns a club as, in effect, a personal plaything. If Pompey don't go down this season, they'll go down next.

I can see what your saying Matt but I can see the other side of the argument as well. I'm undecided on that one.

Looks like Milan is contenplating leaving as well. This has been nicked from www.skysports.com/skysports/football

Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric could have cast doubt on his own future at Fratton Park after facing the flak in some quarters in the wake of Harry Redknapp's departure.

Although Redknapp has stressed the decision to resign was his alone, there has been speculation that the former West Ham United manager was so upset with Velimir Zajec coming to the club, he wanted to walk away from the job.

Mandaric is angered by that accusation and will not disclose any possible replacements.

"My immediate plan is to keep the club going forward," Mandaric told Sky Sports News.

"Right now, luckily, I have a man on the board [Zajec] who understands football and he will take Harry's place on a temporary basis. We will look for a manager or head coach, whatever is needed.

"I have no idea of names and I won't discuss that today. I am not a happy man because Harry is leaving, but we will concentrate on other things tomorrow.

"I did not plan anything like this at this time. We have to take the business at this point and go on.

"I sometimes wish I could go with Harry to be honest with you.

"I'm not a very happy man these days. I don't deserve this.

"I am a straightforward and honest man who has done everything I can do in football - treating the media properly, and the way it's happened is not fair to me, Harry or to the club, so why would I be a happy man?

"I'm not going to stay here forever. I'll call a press conference one day and say I'm going to be on my way out too.

"I'm always committed until the last minute and, right now, I am chairman of Portsmouth Football Club."

Jim Smith has confirmed his resignation despite Mandaric's insistence that he felt 'The Bald Eagle' had not left.

"As far as I'm concerned, Jim is still with Portsmouth," added Mandaric. "He's an employee of our club as far as I'm concerned."

Yet, Smith later told Sky Sports News that he has followed Redknapp out of the South Coast club.

"It's been fantastic," he stated, with a tinge of sadness.

"It was a dream and I was proud to be here. It's been an unbelievable two-and-a-half years of football.

"It's strange because I was thinking of finishing before Portsmouth, but it's revitalised me and I feel younger than I've ever felt.

"I wouldn't go on my own though - if I go somewhere it would have to be with Harry."

Back