• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wayneee1231

Hey lads, New to the forum and we are 4 guys from dundee who have picked southend to support for the coming season and we would like to come to some home games and away games this season and have picked Blackpool away on April 2nd to come to, Would be a bra weekend away and get to meet some of the faithful :D

Question how do we go about getting tickets for away games and home games im guessing are straight forward to get just away games.

Any help would be appreciated :D

cheers
Wayne, Robbie, Bryan ,Davie

Did you guys ever see ex Belfairs school boy Calum Butcher who played for Dundee United and has just signed for Burton Albion .

we did aye, seemed a decent player, considering boys we have in midfield he was a loss to the squad

Hey lads, New to the forum and we are 4 guys from dundee who have picked southend to support for the coming season and we would like to come to some home games and away games this season and have picked Blackpool away on April 2nd to come to, Would be a bra weekend away and get to meet some of the faithful :D

Question how do we go about getting tickets for away games and home games im guessing are straight forward to get just away games.

cheers
Sounds like a good adventure! Ticket info will be available online here http://www.southendunited.co.uk/tickets/ or you can always check the "All Other Away Travel" sub-forum on here.

You can buy home tickets online, may have to call up for away tickets, not sure of the ins and outs of the new online ticketing system we are getting.

Welcome aboard!

Call up the ticket office (08444 770077 - sorry about the hold music/commentary), explain what you're doing and the ticket office will help you out no end I imagine.

For home games I'd book in advance just to save the extra couple of quid and to ensure you get tickets. Especially if it's something like Colchester at home. For viewing experience South Upper or East Blacks (somebody call me up if i'm wrong, I've never sat in the East) and for atmosphere West Stand Block W (usually better on an inevitable Friday night game).

What on earth made you pick us? Not looking for an argument, just wondering how and why you decided to follow the Shrimpers. Also, are you that disillusioned about Scottish football you're looking to support someone else, or is it you just want someone to follow down South? Genuinely interested.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Sentinel, we had 6 names in a hat, couple Dutch teams, couple German teams but oor mate Bryan was geniunly interested in Southend and sods law we got you lot. looking forward to the trip tho, we're all big fans of Phil Brown, we've all got our own Scottish teams but decided on a trip.

Welcome to ShrimperZone gents. Long old journey down to us I would think, but you can fly down to Stansted from Dundee and there is a direct express coach service from Stansted to Southend. Otherwise there are the more traditional means of driving or trains.

great tip, we had a feeling Dundee done flights so its a plan for the home games! appreciate the shout

cheers

That's fantastic stuff, fair play to you all. Welcome aboard gentlemen and I hope you enjoy our League One adventure! :thumbsup:

P.S. You can buy tickets online as mentioned already, or to book via telephone our ticket office number is 08444 770077. In terms of home seats if you're looking for the best atmosphere then the West Stand is the place to sit, if it's the best view you want then it'll be the East Stand. If you prefer behind the goal then that's the South Stand (although go for the Upper Tier and not the Lower Tier as the view is awful from the Lower).

Welcome to Shrimperzone, and welcome to the mad, mad world of supporting Southend!

There are not only Southend Exiles living in Scotland (like me), but also born and bred Scots who support the Shrimpers - like my friend Ron, born up here but "ripped untimely from his country's breast" and taken to Southend, his son and daughters, my son and daughter, and the famous Lucky Derek, who I brainwashed from an early age. Hence the Scottish Shrimpers flag which can be seen at many away games - and Wembley :smile:

11070298_10153195010641072_1677647437059118350_n.jpg

cheers

Lads, pick Carlisle. Southend is some effort. If you're gonne stick with us make it known on here and I'll happily sort you out with a round for your efforts. All games will be walk-ins. Just under £25 for Roots Hall (approx).

All the best!

Cheers for the heads up lads ��,will Defo try get down for a few games at roots hall. And we have booked hotels for Blackpool away since that's closer haha.so will stay active on the forum and get to know you guys and we can grab a few pints when we are down.

cheers
wayne,Robbie,Bryan,Davie

cheers

Crazy idea , but you and your friends are very very welcome to our L1 adventure.
Some good fun to be had on this forum once the season starts.

Just remember a few rules.

If we win , we are the best team in L1 and Brown is the Messiah.
Lose and will be out if business by the end if the season as debt and embargoes take over.

There is no middle ground.

btw , I thought your thread title was the start of an old joke from the 70's !

That's fantastic stuff, fair play to you all. Welcome aboard gentlemen and I hope you enjoy our League One adventure! :thumbsup:

P.S. You can buy tickets online as mentioned already, or to book via telephone our ticket office number is 08444 770077. In terms of home seats if you're looking for the best atmosphere then the West Stand is the place to sit, if it's the best view you want then it'll be the East Stand. If you prefer behind the goal then that's the South Stand (although go for the Upper Tier and not the Lower Tier as the view is awful from the Lower).

But not if it's sunny. The sun shines directly into your eyes from behind the other side, very much spoiling the good view.

Welcome Wayne, Robbie, Bryan and Davie. Be careful, because we all speak funny down here. Actually, there was a little mob from somewhere up North that used to follow us for a few seasons at away games. I think it may have been Pontefract or similar. They loved it and started to go to many more games than they originally planned. We also had about 4 from Holland that flew into Southend airport and saw a few games, and the father and son that adopted us from Australia, who had a great time when they came over. I think it's a great idea. Also, every now and again Southend do a mini tour of Scotland pre season. The next time we will be able to suggest to Southend, a game arranged against one of the Dundee teams of your choice. When you come down to Southend, you will be most welcome, and many on here will offer to help you, if you need it. I will PM you more useful information.

cheers

Please tell me that's some kind of Scottish slang rather than something you intend doing?

:winking:

Back