• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lucus

Coach
On Friday night I could not decide what was more frustrating. The result, or the four young supporters who were sitting near me in the west stand (aged 18 roughly dressed in Southend home kits). For the whole 90minutes they slagged off our players. Over and over.

"If Mark Gower could pass the ball he would be dangerous..... Kevin Maher is so sh*t, I hate him soooo much... I can safely say Alan McCormack is the worst player to put on a Southend shirt..."

These are just some of the things they said. I could go on and on moaning about how immature etc they acted and how they ruined my evening but I feel I would just be wasting my breath, as what is done is done, and fortunately they are only a small minority of the great support we had that evening. Lets just hope the team can keep up their overall good performances and collect three more wins, and league one football will be ours!

Up the shrimpers!

Luke

There seem to be moaners all over the ground Lucas. OS was sitting next a bloke who apparently did not shut up through the game!

Mind you, OS talks some sh*t himself!!!!

wow.gif

laugh.gif

Up the blues!

Bring on the Macc!

No doubt there are! Think it just added to the frustration that we were losing to such an annoying side, stopping any flowing play! Only cure is a win tommorrow night!

Eastwood, McCormack and Gower all scoring

3-1
smile.gif

i know alot of people moan but from my personal opinion its just frustration - gower has been one of my favs, earlier in the season there was a spell he was out and I kepy saying to my son that we dont look like winning without Gower - no creativity etc, now after the LDV Final I am saying the opposite

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ April 18 2005,09:52)]Eastwood, McCormack and Gower all scoring

3-1 Ā 
smile.gif
In my eyes, McCourmack will never ever score for Southend United, even if we were to sign him up and he was here for a good few years.

The same goes for Lewis Hunt and Super Cheese Wilson and possibly Duncan Jupp.

Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion.

Just because you think it is wrong doesn't mean it is.
rock.gif

I never said it was wrong I just stated that I don't think he'd ever score for SUFC. I'd love to be proved wrong on this though, of course.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 18 2005,11:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ April 18 2005,09:52)]Eastwood, McCormack and Gower all scoring

3-1
smile.gif
In my eyes, McCourmack will never ever score for Southend United, even if we were to sign him up and he was here for a good few years.

Che got in to the box on Friday and I honestly think it's the first time I've ever seen him there!!

For all I know, he could have a thumping shot.

I think Hunt's more likely to score than the others you mention though

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 18 2005,11:00)]I never said it was wrong I just stated that I don't think he'd ever score for SUFC. I'd love to be proved wrong on this though, of course.
my comments were aimed at lucas.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ April 18 2005,09:35)]On Friday night I could not decide what was more frustrating. The result, or the four young supporters who were sitting near me in the west stand (aged 18 roughly dressed in Southend home kits). For the whole 90minutes they slagged off our players. Over and over.

"If Mark Gower could pass the ball he would be dangerous..... Kevin Maher is so sh*t, I hate him soooo much... I can safely say Alan McCormack is the worst player to put on a Southend shirt..."

These are just some of the things they said. I could go on and on moaning about how immature etc they acted and how they ruined my evening but I feel I would just be wasting my breath, as what is done is done, and fortunately they are only a small minority of the great support we had that evening. Lets just hope the team can keep up their overall good performances and collect three more wins, and league one football will be ours!

Up the shrimpers!

Luke
agreed, apart from mcormack bit.. he isn't anywhere near the same class as gower and maher, they're awful

Let's face it Gower was poor at the Milennium. I was thinking it, and hoping he would improve. However i didn't get out of my chair and shout, "Gower you are a useless $%&*". I think this is the difference. We all get frustrated when a player who on his day is a match winner has a loss of form. The debate has to be about how you express this and how do you try to motivate that player.
It makes supporting this team absolute crap. It's even mopre disappointing that a new generation of whingers is growing up.
Where's the emoticon for despair when you need it?
sad.gif

McCormack is good player he likes to have a dig from outside the 18yard box. Hopefully if he gets a good one on target someone can get on to the keepers Parry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (grayhound @ April 18 2005,14:18)]McCormack is good player he likes to have a dig from outside the 18yard box. Hopefully if he gets a good one on target someone can get on to the keepers Parry
I quite agree. After seeing him play against Cheltenham and Rochdale he did have a few long range efforts. Admittedly off target, but if given a couple more chances he's bound to get one on target!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 18 2005,12:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 18 2005,11:43)]
[b said:

3-1
smile.gif

Che got in to the box on Friday and I honestly think it's the first time I've ever seen him there!!

For all I know, he could have a thumping shot.

I think Hunt's more likely to score than the others you mention though
Iam going to have a fiver on Wilson first goalscorer v MACC
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (grayhound @ April 18 2005,14:18)]McCormack is good player he likes to have a dig from outside the 18yard box. Hopefully if he gets a good one on target someone can get on to the keepers Parry
Although Bentley is on top form and we will miss him tomorrow, i'm looking forward to seeing McCormack get a start as i feel he's a useful little player. That's if he does start of course...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ April 18 2005,15:25)]
[b said:
Although Bentley is on top form and we will miss him tomorrow, i'm looking forward to seeing McCormack get a start as i feel he's a useful little player. That's if he does start of course...
Can't see anyone else starting in Bentley's other than McCormack personally?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 18 2005,12:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 18 2005,11:00)]I never said it was wrong I just stated that I don't think he'd ever score for SUFC. I'd love to be proved wrong on this though, of course.
my comments were aimed at lucas.
Fair enough, sorry fella.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ April 18 2005,09:58)]i know alot of people moan but from my personal opinion its just frustration - gower has been one of my favs, earlier in the season there was a spell he was out and I kepy saying to my son that we dont look like winning without Gower - no creativity etc, now after the LDV Final I am saying the opposite
Although it can be frustrating when players aren't performing, don't you think it is better to get behind the team and show support rather than picking on individuals? All players have bad spells, and the manager should deal with them accordingly. More often than not, it is when the crowd start scrutinising over everything a player does, and picking on him, that he loses all self confidence and never returns to his previous form.

Back