• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane 44 years to the day, or night should I say

Great Night, I got in for nothing, they opened the gates on the South Bank just as kick off time approached. There must have been a couple of hundred added to the attendance.

I printed the programme cover, inside front cover, inside pack page & back cover on 85gsm art paper. The rest of it was printed on our newspaper press, a 6 unit Goss urbanite press.
I also printed the matchday tickets, & the vouchers given out at the league game v Brentford a few weeks beforehand. All the overtime i accrued paid for Christmas & our costs for the replay, plus more!.

I was only 15 and I usually went by train from Wickford, but my Brother in law wanted to go, so he got my second ticket as a season ticket holder, hence he drove, we missed the first 15 minutes, 'cos he insisted on driving as part of the deal, leaving later than I was going to, if I'd have gone on my own with my mates ......GRRRRR

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
John Motson was an important part of that night too, he remembers the game well! I think the photo shows him stood in front of the South Bank - although I've seen a credit that it's Adams Park, doesn't look like it to me!

View attachment 24218
It was at Adams Park, 8th December 1990. Postponed match against Peterborough during Wycombe's first season at the ground.

John Motson was an important part of that night too, he remembers the game well! I think the photo shows him stood in front of the South Bank - although I've seen a credit that it's Adams Park, doesn't look like it to me!

View attachment 24218
Sorry to disappoint you OBL, but that is a picture taken in December 1990 of Motty at Adams Park, before the planned FA Cup match between Wycombe and Peterborough. I say planned, as with over 4 inches of snow on the pitch, the game was postponed at a late stage and played the following Wednesday.
The recollection I have of Motson at Roots Hall at the Liverpool cup-tie was of him freezing his nuts off sitting in the gantry above the West Stand. Also being nearly 12 years earlier he may also have been wearing a different sheepskin coat…..

Back