• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 A SIDE SOUTHEND UNITED TEAM

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
This is a bit of a different topic but one I think you will enjoy discussing and airing your views.

Who would be in your 5 a side team? name your formation as well. disregard subs for now.

FLAHAVAN in the small goal - invincible.
BARRETT for his ability to dribble would be in defence going on occasional attacks with
MAHER covering, his range of passing would see
CAMBELL-RYCE being able to attack both wings with
EASTWOOD sometimes attacking from deep but mainly poaching goals for fun.

1-2-1 maher covering defence, cambell ryce pushing forward to support eastwood.

That would be my 5 a side dream team.  
biggrin.gif
 what do you think?

Maher would be hopeless, you are not allowed to play the ball over head height, so his range of passing would be no good.

Flavs
Barrett
Hunt
Guttridge
Freddy

2-1-1

Hunts ability to play midfield would mean this could quickly become 1-2-1, or even 1-1-2 as there is nothing Gutts cant do.

Lewis Hunt would be no use as you need to be able to beat people in 5 a side. I would go.

FLAV
BARRETT
MAHER
FREDDY
THE NEW PELE ( WAYNE GRAY )

For my mind 5 a side is all about scoring goals.

You'd need to have players that weren't scared of a few burns on the legs and broken fingers running into walls. Bentley would have to start for me with Cheese at the back.

Bart in goal - takes up most of it
Cheese at the back - slide tackle supremo
Bentley - another hard nut who will lose all skin on legs to win the game.
Gray - run around all over the place - another toughie
Fredy - luxury player to knock the goals in

May lose a couple but would kick lumps out of the oppo.

5 a side football is all about quick feet, technique and vision.

so......

Flavs
Barrett
Che
Gutts
Freddy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 17 2005,13:12)]5 a side football is all about quick feet, technique and vision.

so......

Flavs
Barrett
Che
Gutts
Freddy
One footed Che Wilson - Are you sure ?

maher isn't getting mentioned in the majority?

My miniature football team would be Flahavan, Pettefer, Guttridge, Jay Smith and Campbell-Ryce. Try keeping the ball below head height then!

Seriously, I would go Flahavan, Hunt, Maher, Campbell-Ryce, Eastwood. Sub Pettefer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 17 2005,14:22)]One footed Che Wilson - Are you sure ?
Hang on, that's one more than I've spotted.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Need pace with a bit of bite provided by Hunt and Gutts

Any of the two keepers
Hunt
JCR
Guttridge
Gray

Subs

Gower
Jupp (I saw him sprint 50 yards once, and score a goal:D )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 17 2005,15:21)]maher isn't getting mentioned in the majority?
Which is silly as five-a-side football requires an excellent first touch and precision passing - he'd be in my team!

Flahavan, Barrett, Maher, JCR, Eastwood.

Three rolling subs: Hunt, Smith and Gray.

being a fairly experienced 5 a side player it is essential that every player in your team has a good engine. our second ingrediant for success is that you must have two defenders so the defence would be

barrett and hunt

we also like to have a big lad in the middle who can handle himself complementing a nippy skillful lad so i would go for

bentley and JCR respectively

lastly the front runner has to come back, battle in midefield aswell create goals from nothing, the closest to this obviously being young

freddy

Changing the subject slightly, greatest 5 a side team of all time?

Cawston
Clark
Marsh
Poutney
Eastwood

shrimper man, think you miss-understood the topic slightly, you say barrett and hunt at the back, bents and JCR in the middle n freddy up front, with a goal keeper i think you will find that 6 players!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (brad the shrimper @ Nov. 18 2005,01:46)]shrimper man, think you miss-understood the topic slightly, you say barrett and hunt at the back, bents and JCR in the middle n freddy up front, with a goal keeper i think you will find that 6 players!!!
You obviously are an experienced 5 a-side player shrimperman
down.gif

Back