• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 Days to go - Made up your mind yet?

5 Days to go - Who are you going to vote for.

• Conservatives

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Labour

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Liberal Demorcrats

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • UKIP

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Green Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Mind your own business you nosey sod

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Truly unbelievable.

What do you expect. Never yet met a single leftie who hasn't got a huge streak of hate right through the middle. That's why people distance themselves from the politics of envy as they grow up. That's why they won't win on Thursday.

What do you expect. Never yet met a single leftie who hasn't got a huge streak of hate right through the middle. That's why people distance themselves from the politics of envy as they grow up. That's why they won't win on Thursday.

Wishing a speedy death on your political opponents is beneath Supernaut...I can only assume he has drunk too much with his sunday lunch.

As well as 'old school', they're mostly old, so thankfully won't be around for too much longer. Thank Christ that most kids these days seem to be a bit more empathetic - gives me a lot of hope for the future.

Thankfully you get more conservative as you get older and those 'kids' will grow up and join the real world and realise left-wing ideals don't work.

Thankfully you get more conservative as you get older and those 'kids' will grow up and join the real world and realise left-wing ideals don't work.

Do you ****. I'm 45 and I loathe everything they stand for. My mum is 88 and is of the same mind - she grew up when they did everything they did to crush the working class rather when Thatcherism was dangled in front of their noses like a shiny trinket.

Interesting that of the 10 (so far) who have clicked on Conservative in the poll, only 1 has outed themselves by posting in the thread to confirm it. Damn, those shy (embarrassed?) Tories are a ****ing dangerous breed.

I don't bother replying much on these threads as it's seems mostly pointless but I voted Tory. I intended on approaching this election with a blank canvas and look at all parties with an open mind, from what I see the Labour party is just an absolute mess, Lib Dems are a joke and the smaller parties don't interest me.

dealwithit_zps689bab3b.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Do you ****. I'm 45 and I loathe everything they stand for. My mum is 88 and is of the same mind - she grew up when they did everything they did to crush the working class rather when Thatcherism was dangled in front of their noses like a shiny trinket.

I am the same as MK - 65 years old have never voted Tory or LibDem in the 47 years I have been eligible to vote and my 88 year old mother also - so that argument is a bit of a myth

I'm also still a undecided voter at this stage.... To be fair & in reflection, i'm what you would call a typical floating voter, I've never really stuck to one party all my life (Over the years, I've voted for Labour, Lib Dems, Green Party & UKIP....I've probably voted Labour more than the others though...just). I'm not one of those people that stick to one party all their life, probably shows in my character in that I like to review all options of all parties before coming to my own opinion.

This time around however, I've found it more difficult than usual.... I'm currently leaning towards voting for the Conservatives (purely based on my opinion that we would be better than Labour in terms of dealing with Brexit) which would be a 1st.

Labour: I have never seen such a weak Labour party in terms of their policies & leadership.

Lib Dems: Definitely out "mad as a box of frogs"... to quote an earlier phrase & I don't have the energy for yet another EU referendum).

Green Party: I Like the idea of a lower hour working week & a more balanced family life, (such as countries like France and Scandinavia) and their general policies on renewable energy etc, but their maths doesn't add up in terms of balancing a realistic budget.

UKIP: seem to have served their so called purpose (but in the recent light of more terrorist attacks, i'm leaning towards their stance of immigration control, although i'm not sure I can trust them to run the whole economy as a party).

Wheres the Monster Raving Looney Party when you need them?

I'm also still a undecided voter at this stage.... To be fair & in reflection, i'm what you would call a typical floating voter, I've never really stuck to one party all my life (Over the years, I've voted for Labour, Lib Dems, Green Party & UKIP....I've probably voted Labour more than the others though...just). I'm not one of those people that stick to one party all their life, probably shows in my character in that I like to review all options of all parties before coming to my own opinion.

This time around however, I've found it more difficult than usual.... I'm currently leaning towards voting for the Conservatives (purely based on my opinion that we would be better than Labour in terms of dealing with Brexit) which would be a 1st.

Labour: I have never seen such a weak Labour party in terms of their policies & leadership.

Lib Dems: Definitely out "mad as a box of frogs"... to quote an earlier phrase & I don't have the energy for yet another EU referendum).

Green Party: I Like the idea of a lower hour working week & a more balanced family life, (such as countries like France and Scandinavia) and their general policies on renewable energy etc, but their maths doesn't add up in terms of balancing a realistic budget.

UKIP: seem to have served their so called purpose (but in the recent light of more terrorist attacks, i'm leaning towards their stance of immigration control, although i'm not sure I can trust them to run the whole economy as a party).

Wheres the Monster Raving Looney Party when you need them?
Corbyn is an orator an embracer of discussion and has no burnt bridges with the other EU leaders. May is awkward and shaky in discussions, has started her EU stance with threats (and as she is still making u-turn after u-turn they may seem like idle threats) and seems to be ('seems' though may not be the reality) siding with the US as Trump seems to be offending the EU nations.

What makes you think she would negotiate a better deal than Corbyn?

Corbyn is an orator an embracer of discussion and has no burnt bridges with the other EU leaders. May is awkward and shaky in discussions, has started her EU stance with threats (and as she is still making u-turn after u-turn they may seem like idle threats) and seems to be ('seems' though may not be the reality) siding with the US as Trump seems to be offending the EU nations.

What makes you think she wouldn't? Corbyn hasn't the vaguest idea of how to negotiate at this kind of level, and his proposed Minister for Foreign Affairs has even less!

He certainly spoke well at the 72 republican meetings he attended through out the height of IRA activity during the 70's and 80's. Lots of Brits out and more rights for terrorist prisoners but never once mentioned peace.

What makes you think she wouldn't? Corbyn hasn't the vaguest idea of how to negotiate at this kind of level, and his proposed Minister for Foreign Affairs has even less!

The negotiations would be carried out by Sir Keir Starmer, a highly qualified and experienced lawyer unlike say....Boris Johnson who struggles to dress himself in the morning.

for the stated reasons, threats issued before negotiations have even started, proven record of poor judgement - police numbers being the most recent examples, not having the self confidence to debate the leader of the opposition, not seen to be willing to join the other EU leaders in their joint statement re Trump and Paris agreement, poor judgment in appointing Boris Johnson to FO knowing the number of world leaders he has offended, etc etc
Corbyn - as stated, people warm to him, he is a discusser and persuader and negotiator - even Nigel Farage has been singing his praises on these qualities. His approach will be to get people on his side - guaranteeing the rights of all who are legally in this country is to start the process with a handshake rather than a rude gesture.

I am the same as MK - 65 years old have never voted Tory or LibDem in the 47 years I have been eligible to vote and my 88 year old mother also - so that argument is a bit of a myth

It's also ahistorical.Gladstone was a famous example of someone who became much more left-wing as he grew older.

(Have to admit, I did use my last proxy vote in 1997 to vote for the Lib/Dems (for the one and only time) as I couldn't stomach the thought of voting for Blair's Labour party).

Labour.

I have never understood why so many people in the region vote Tory.

Yes there are a lot of people out there that for whatever reason are doing quite well for themselves. Essex folk appear to be associated with a striver mentality but the majority of us are all one piece of bad news away from personal disaster.

How much help do you think the Tories will give you if you are too ill to work or the city firm that you have worked at since leaving school offshores its business and you are legt on the scrapheap?

That five bed detached house with a large mortgage or that leased Range Rover aren't going to make you feel so middle class then are they and David Amess or Rebecca Harris aren't going to give a damn.

Back