• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 Players who made you fall in love with Southend and Football

Maybe we should have a thread of 5 players that made you fall out of love with Southend, the list would be never ending.

Southend

Freddy Eastwood
Leon Court
Martin Margetson
Bilel
Jay Smith

Non Southend

Cantona
Cristiano Ronaldo
Matt Le Tissier
Paul Scholes
Juninho Pachembao

Lucky to grow up with the 2003/04/05 team so my 5 would be:

Freddy Eastwood
Luke Guttridge
Adam Barrett
Mark Bentley
Darryl Flahavan

Non Southend:

CR7
Rooney
Thierry Henry
Ronaldinho
Drogba

I have stolen this from Facebook, don’t really like all that ****e on Facebook but thought it would be a good post for here.

Let’s have your 5 Southend Players and 5 non Southend Players:

Southend 5:
1. Scott Forbes (Obviously!)
2. Martin Carruthers - His goals
3. David Lee - His hair and style of play.
4. Martyn Booty - He said hi to me once, the first footballer to do that.
5. Andy Woodman - His relationship with the fans in the South Stand was brilliant, a real character.

Non Southend:
1. Ryan Giggs - I worshipped him and wanted to be like him as a footballer, I even had the Ryan Giggs sun ball. (If you don’t know what that is google it, ridiculous idea and yes it did hurt!)
2. Paul Scholes - Such a talented player and I loved his tackling even if it was terrible and usually lead to a card.
3. Paolo Di Canio - Hate to admit it as he was a spammer but he oozed class and that goal against Wimbledon was one of the greatest in Premier League history.
4. Francesco Totti - My like of AS Roma came from watching the great man play and someone who I always enjoyed watching. A true great and a one club man.
5. Michael Owen - That goal he scored against Argentina!
Southend;
Cawston
Spence
Otto
Collymore
Eastwood.

Other;
George Best
Pat Jennings
Liam Brady
Malcolm Macdonald
Frank Worthington

Southend
Stan Collymore
Adam Barrett
Bilel Mohsni
Britt Assombalonga
Freddy Eastwood

Non Southend
Zlatan Ibrahimović (39 and still scoring in Serie A (10 in 6!!!)
Cristiano Ronaldo
David Beckham
Alan Shearer
Paolo Maldini

Back