• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 subs to be signed into laws of the game

Why don’t we just go the whole hog and have an attacking set amd a defending set. Switch around when the play needs it and have an ad break while the line ups are being switched.

The modern game changes every season are woeful. Nothing will ever top VAR for being in total conflict with what the game was invented for. All that’s happened is subjective decisions are made by someone after having stopped the game for god knows how long.

I’m struggling to think of a meaningful rule changed that’s actually benefited free flowing football since the pass back rules came in.

Why don’t we just go the whole hog and have an attacking set amd a defending set. Switch around when the play needs it and have an ad break while the line ups are being switched.

The modern game changes every season are woeful. Nothing will ever top VAR for being in total conflict with what the game was invented for. All that’s happened is subjective decisions are made by someone after having stopped the game for god knows how long.

I’m struggling to think of a meaningful rule changed that’s actually benefited free flowing football since the pass back rules came in.
Wholeheartedly agree. Such changes risk turning football into NFL.

VAR at the start was poor because it was this new thing that they felt they had to use for things it wasn't meant for (i.e. clear and obvious errors). I feel like that side has nearly all but gone. Obviously there will be the odd occasion where it is debatable, but nothing is perfect.

The time it takes isn't that long now either and most checks are done while play is continuing, it only takes a bit longer when its a close offside or decision.

In my opinion we are now getting to a squad depth and available options situation where 5 subs would work for us.

Back