• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
1. People with Blackberry Phones. Is it essential that they have to check emails every 30 seconds on the train?
2. Real Ale. Drunk by people with crusty beards who compile lists of which ales they have drunk in their lifetime and which the haven't. Get a f***ing life!
3. Banks. £35 for going overdrawn is totally unacceptable. Why is it that they will bounce your cheque coz u havent got enough money in the a/c but they will quite happily take charges to pay themselves even though theres not enough there.
4. Service Stations on Motorways. Just any excuse to rip you off. Petrol is 20% more expensive than anywhere else. Why are they allowed to get away with this daylight robbery.
5. London Free Newspaper distributors - Just let me go home. Get out of my way!

1. I'm important, so I'll check emails when I'm like.

2. Too bad you have no tastebuds.

3. Banks are great. They pay you to look after your money. If you're so irresponsible you can't prevent yourself from going overdrawn, then that's your funeral.

4. Service Stations perform a vital function of allowing people to break journeys, thereby preventing them from getting over-tired and causing accidents. The stations' inaccessibility, in terms of getting workers there, needs to be compensated somehow.

5. I love London Lite - a cheerful read in the evening.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

So, basically, you're wrong about all 5. Never mind.

:finger:

1 - Colchester: No reason required.

2 - Canvey Island: Same.

3 - Stupid Internet Connections That Keep On Failing: They keep on failing. Thus being pointless.

4 - The Lion King Genesis Video Game: For 2 reasons, 1 - I can't complete level 2 for toffee, 2, by using the level cheat I have found Scar to be bloody impossible to beat - 45 minutes I spent trying to kick his behind, and I didn't get near him. Stupid tossing system. Stupid Simba not being able to jump for toffee.

5 - America. They have the best TV shows, and then they decide to strike so that no-one gets them. Stupid Americans.

1) People who don't use the luggage rack on crowded commuter trains, Bag on the seat and then sigh dramatically when someone wants to actually use the seat for its designed use

2)People who walk two (or more) abreast down crowded streets and then expect the solo walker to stop, walk in the gutter, etc, just so they can carry on babbling inanely or not have to lose contact with this weeks shag for a split second

3) Old people in shops on a saturday. You are retired..You have all week for fex sake. Do your shopping when there are only like minded dawdlers with nothing better to do around and leave the weekends for those of us who know what we want , where to get it and would rather do it as quickly as possible.

4) Drivers who do not know how to use roundabouts properly. Signal well in advance and then the people attempting to join the roundabout and merge smoothly and seamlessly.

5) Those "hows my driving phone 0800 etc" stickers thay give the impression that the company concerned is a caring outfit who is really concerned about the people they employ, when its really just a ruse to cheer themselves up by laughing at the sad buggers who ring up to make a complaint about some random **** in a white van...

3) Old people in shops on a saturday. You are retired..You have all week for fex sake. Do your shopping when there are only like minded dawdlers with nothing better to do around and leave the weekends for those of us who know what we want , where to get it and would rather do it as quickly as possible.
You've obviously been to Waitrose in Billericay then. God they get on my wick !

1. West Ham United - just typing the name makes me feel sick.
2. Modern day teenagers - I already feel about 50 years more mature than these idiots.
3. High Street Shopping - if I could refrain from ever doing this again I would die a happy man.
4. Lager - Might as well have a pint of urine.
5. Bank charges - a "defer to payer" notice landed on my doormat last week, had to pay the company £25 and the bank £35 for the fact that I'm skint. Thanks a ****ing bunch.

1 - City People who get on the train at Benfleet Station. I havent seen one yet who has manners.

2 - People who cut you up when your walking down the road or up the high street. You know i'm there, so why do it?

3 - Estate Agents. I reported to you lot I've got a problem with my sink and you said maintainence will be on the case. That was 3 weeks ago. Where are you?

4 - People on Facebook who keep on inviting you to add more apps. If I want to add them, i'll do them myself, thank you.

5 - Ronaldo. Do I need a reason?!

1) Ldnfatso

Apparently there was no more room after this ;)

3. Banks are great. They pay you to look after your money. If you're so irresponsible you can't prevent yourself from going overdrawn, then that's your funeral.

1,2,4,5 yes, quite agree but 3! Banks are total b@stards who's main purpose is to screw every penny out of you!

1. Bible bashers

Stop imposing your religious beliefs on me. If I want to find God I'll do it in my own time.

2. Lowri Turner

I love women but you give them a bad name. Take your self-opinionated, feminist whinging and **** off.

3. Companies that claim to "consolidate all your existing debts into one manageable loan".

Particularly those advertised by Carol Vorderman, who clearly has no moral objectives whatsoever.

4. ITV's football coverage

Abysmal in every department.

5. The Big Brother audience

Honestly, how sad do you have to be to stand in a crowd with inane placards, jeering and booing people you don't actually know?

5. The Big Brother audience

Honestly, how sad do you have to be to stand in a crowd with inane placards, jeering and booing people you don't actually know?

Err... You're being ironic, right? OK so we don't usually take placards to footie games but we do take flags...

:tumbleweed: :angel:

Err... You're being ironic, right? OK so we don't usually take placards to footie games but we do take flags...

:tumbleweed: :angel:

Admittedly I did think of the football comparison but I do consider the Big Brother phenomenon to be on a different level.

Obviously there is a degree of comparable hysteria at football matches but for the most part fans go to games because they love watching the sport, want to support their team and want to be entertained.

I can understand people gossiping about BB in the office but at the end of the day, it's only a TV programme. To actually resort to standing outside the BB house and chanting like a group of crazed vigilantes is taking the age of media consumption and 'celebrity' obsession to worrying extremes. In my opinion anyway.

I know the one's that I would definetly add

1. Them shopping bags on wheels. (always getting hit by them)

2. Motorised scooters on paverments (ditto)

3. Miserable shop staff

4. Double yellow lines with wardens attached

5. Still thinking about this one

1. People who play music on their phones or ipods on public transport so everyone else has to endure the tinny duf, duf, duf noise;
2. People who lounge over whole seats or put their feet on seats on public transport - you're entitled to use ONE seat, that's all you've paid for;
3. Specific and personal to me at present (those who know will understand) - step mums who think they know what is right for their stepkids when really they haven't got a clue and are just trying to impose their will on them;
4. The Government - and those who work within that keep producing legislation that makes the majority of our lives hell;
5. People who abuse the system - illegals; dole cheats; scroungers; MPs and EU ministers who have very dodgy expenses etc.

Admittedly I did think of the football comparison but I do consider the Big Brother phenomenon to be on a different level.

Obviously there is a degree of comparable hysteria at football matches but for the most part fans go to games because they love watching the sport, want to support their team and want to be entertained.

I can understand people gossiping about BB in the office but at the end of the day, it's only a TV programme. To actually resort to standing outside the BB house and chanting like a group of crazed vigilantes is taking the age of media consumption and 'celebrity' obsession to worrying extremes. In my opinion anyway.

And mine. I think there is a big difference between identifying with a football team and wanting to support that team over a period of time, and resorting to "standing outside the BB house and chanting like a group of crazed vigilantes".* But to be fair a proportion of the non-football loving public might not appreciate the difference.

*Standing outside Karl Dugiud's house, naturally, excepted.

1) Big Brother
2) McDonalds / Burger King / KFC / Pizza Hut (Fast food in general)
3) Russell Brand
4) Jade Goody
5) Traffic Wardens

2. Modern day teenagers - I already feel about 50 years more mature than these idiots.

1. people who assume every single teenager is out to **** them off..
we're not, you just want that to be the truth!

( i know you might not actually feel like that, but it seriously peeves me off) :)

Back