• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aah thats better, i was at all the fixtures Beefy selected here, plus every other one nominated through the thread too :angel:

I'll always remember standing in The Spread prior to the United game when the team news came through on your phone.

I think we all then made sure we got another quick pint in to make the suspected 7-0 thrashing a bit less painful!

I think we all then made sure we got another quick pint in to make the suspected 7-0 thrashing a bit less painful!

Sounds much like our reaction in The Nelson .. i told BLUEBLOOD Junior who was certain we'd win that we will probably lose 8-0 cue much wailing and tears and threats of not going

But i pulled myself together and glad i did (slight edit there to protect the guilty)

Sounds much like our reaction in The Nelson .. i told BLUEBLOOD Junior who was certain we'd win that we will probably lose 8-0 cue much wailing and tears and threats of not going

But i pulled myself together and glad i did (slight edit there to protect the guilty)

I rather cheekily put a bet on that game, which is unusual for me as I've only ever bet about 4 times in my life, poker with friends aside.

After seeing that side, I thought we're either going to get dicked on or at the very, very best sneak a 1-0 win. So I had a quid on each of Eastwood to score first and SUFC to win 1-0. If I'd linked the bets I'd have made about £400, but even as separate ones they paid for the ensuing night out quite comfortably.

16th May 2008: Doncaster Rovers 5 – 1 Southend United (League One Play-Off Semi Final)
A very good end-of season run took Southend into the Playoffs as the form team however after a goalless first leg at Roots Hall a combination of poor defending, terrible goalkeeping and some rotten luck resulted in a heart-breaking end to an up-and-down season

Not quite the best game. Seeing us getting slaughtered like that too often wouldn't be too pleasant! Haha! But surely my favourite Southend game of all time.

My favourite ever game must have been the 3-3 draw against Colchester. 2-0 up in the first half hour. Colchester bring it back to 3-2, then Christophe gets a header in the 94th minute to drive roots hall crazy.

Last edited:
Beefy, easily the best post (s) that I have read on Shrimperzone. Superb stuff.

I appreciate it must have been hard to choose games, for me the only other games would be the two Bristol Rovers legs of our 2nd LDV final campaign, Gowers wonder goal away and a going through after thriller at home despite a Junior Agogo Wordly.

Also, the Northampton Play off 2nd leg at home in the league two campaign, Freddy and the penalty and of course Flahavan's world class save (arguably his best and most important) to keep us in front in injury time. It meant Play off final here we come

Beefy, easily the best post (s) that I have read on Shrimperzone. Superb stuff.

I appreciate it must have been hard to choose games, for me the only other games would be the two Bristol Rovers legs of our 2nd LDV final campaign, Gowers wonder goal away and a going through after thriller at home despite a Junior Agogo Wordly.

Also, the Northampton Play off 2nd leg at home in the league two campaign, Freddy and the penalty and of course Flahavan's world class save (arguably his best and most important) to keep us in front in injury time. It meant Play off final here we come

All of them plus many more Silencer, it must've been an arduous task for Beefy to limit himself to 50 .. 100 would be a more likely figure to my mind, such were the joys of watching Southend through the 00s !!!

Back