• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bobby dazzler

Manager
As the Euro's approach we are nearing the 50th anniversary of our last Major triumph (Le Tournoi 97' doesn't count)
with the now legendary Wembley 1966 final that was played on the 30th June a distant memory for many.
I was born in 1966 alas on August 17th and have known nothing but abject failure with a semi final appearance as the highlight of my England supporting life.
Is there anyone out there that has endured longer torment ? There must be some of you who were born in the 6/7 wks after that great day and before me ?

As the Euro's approach we are nearing the 50th anniversary of our last Major triumph (Le Tournoi 97' doesn't count)
with the now legendary Wembley 1966 final that was played on the 30th June a distant memory for many.
I was born in 1966 alas on August 17th and have known nothing but abject failure with a semi final appearance as the highlight of my England supporting life.
Is there anyone out there that has endured longer torment ? There must be some of you who were born in the 6/7 wks after that great day and before me ?

Two semi-finals :'(

I was 14yrs 10 months old for the 1966 final and watched it on a black and white telly with my dad. A truly great day and I will never hear a bad word about Russian linos. The 1970 W/C was a big let down, and I've suffered with every tournament since. Euro 1996 got me seriously excited, even now I think we should have won it.

I was 14yrs 10 months old for the 1966 final and watched it on a black and white telly with my dad. A truly great day and I will never hear a bad word about Russian linos. The 1970 W/C was a big let down, and I've suffered with every tournament since. Euro 1996 got me seriously excited, even now I think we should have won it.

Italia 1990 was epic, many great moments: and Gazza's tears and Liniker's expression when he got booked is legend - or Pearce's penalty?

If you lived here in Australia and followed Aussie rules football you would feel sorry for Western Bulldog s and St Kilda fans.St Kilda won their first and only Premiership back in 1966 ,so they have had so far 50 year wait ,but hold on Wetern Bulldogs ,formerly known as Footscray won their first and only premiership back in 1954 ,62 years ago , :stunned::sad:

being a blue has had me enduring long periods of torment .... Especially waiting for brown to find his "first eleven", but maybe not as long as being an England fan

being a blue has had me enduring long periods of torment .... Especially waiting for brown to find his "first eleven", but maybe not as long as being an England fan

My son is now 13. He has seen us at Wembley twice and the Millennium Stadium once.

I never thought I would ever see my beloved Blues at Wembley and by the age of 12 he had seen it twice.

That's life !

Wasn't the lino Azerbaijani?

Wasn't the lino Azerbaijani?

Yes but....at the time Azerbaijan was part of the Soviet Union and back then anyone from that country tended to be referred to as Russian, even if it wasn't strictly correct.

Anyhow, I've been feeling 30 years of hurt now - Mexico 86 was the first tournament I remember - and would really like that to end some time soon. In that time I've witnessed Germany win three major trophies, Spain three, France two, even ****ing Greece. Come on England - one. Just one. Please.

Last edited:
Euro 96 was the first tournament I remember - I was 7 years old. I think that tournament really sparked my passion for football, I remember absolutely loving it (even if it didn't end well). I remember so vividly the Seamen penalty save with his elbow v Scotland, don't know why but that just stuck in my mind.

I know it's probably going to end in failure, but I absolutely love watching England in major tournaments.

OK - I admit it. I was there in 1966, as a then West Ham supporter (I'll say no more than that).

I bought a 'season ticket' for all the London-based England and Group games. Set me back something like £5 - 10 for all of them, including the final. What a rip-off.

My son is now 13. He has seen us at Wembley twice and the Millennium Stadium once.

I never thought I would ever see my beloved Blues at Wembley and by the age of 12 he had seen it twice.

That's life !

I'm with you on that one. My boys went to the play off final last year, aged 6 and 5. I had to wait 45 years to see Southend play at Wembley. Anything can happen.

Vaguely remember 82, Bryan Robson's early goal V France, and Kevin Keegan's perm.

If you lived here in Australia and followed Aussie rules football you would feel sorry for Western Bulldog s and St Kilda fans.St Kilda won their first and only Premiership back in 1966 ,so they have had so far 50 year wait ,but hold on Wetern Bulldogs ,formerly known as Footscray won their first and only premiership back in 1954 ,62 years ago , :stunned::sad:

Haha I'm a saints man, when we lived out in Oz me and my mates all selected a team to support randomly, one mate picked Adelaide Crows because he thought the name was funny, one picked Brisbane Lions because Fevola played for them and he was in the news everyday doing something stupid and I picked St Kilda because at the time they were in the news because half of their players were in the news because they had slept with some girl and she was posting pics of them all over the internet. £ guys all living in Perth and none of us picked West Coast eagles or Dockers haha

Back