• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

51/49% Fan ownership being considered by UK Government

Do you think the the 51%-49% ownership scheme would benefit the UK game?

• Yes

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
In Germany they rely on sponsorship from German companies, which is much higher than PL clubs

I remember reading a good account comparing Bayern and Man U...Bayern were well behind in TV money, ticket money and matchday generated income. But i think it was Adidas with sponsorship that took them well past United for total income.

Allianz are heavy backers of Bayern, Madrid phone up their friendly (well-known) Spanish bank to arrange financial fixes, Barcelona are permanently in debt but never acknowledge it.

Exactly what i was thinking

Ha! That doesn't mean (as I've said before) that I don't think Chairman /Owners aren't entitled to pay themselves a salary/dividents for their work.Or to use their contacts from running a football club to further their outside careers.I do think, however, that buying up the assets of the football club,in this case SUFC,at what I consider to be below their true market value and then later developing them for housing is beyond the pale.
Hope this helps.Yours in La,la land!

Ha! That doesn't mean (as I've said before) that I don't think Chairman /Owners aren't entitled to pay themselves a salary/dividents for their work.Or to use their contacts from running a football club to further their outside careers.I do think, however, that buying up the assets of the football club,in this case SUFC,at what I consider to be below their true market value and then later developing them for housing is beyond the pale.
Hope this helps.Yours in La,la land!

Who did Ron buy these assets from?

It sounds like a nice idea but how would this even work? If a club is worth £400 million what happens if there aren't enough fans to buy up £200 million worth of shares? It wasn't something the Bundesliga had to worry about because prior to the 50 plus 1 rule coming in private ownership of clubs wasn't allowed. If there's a realistic way of dealing with this problem then I'd be for it but I'm not convinced there is one.

You can do it with different classes of shares. Issue a new class of shares with voting rights but whose right to a dividend is limited/prioritised behind existing shareholders. You can also weight their vote. Fans then get a say but the investors get any return.

Back