• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

united blues

Super⭐
What a **** day but we are still only 6 points off automatic promotion.Not so much doom and gloom as i was led to believe. Cmon you blues :loyalsupporter::cheers::party::soapbox::guitar::kev::heading::moon::cool::omg::clap::happy:

Just had a look at the Northampton forum and like all good supporters they moan even when they win. Their supporters complaints was that we should have been smashed up and never in with a sniff for the draw and that if they'd been playing our first choice team they'd be beat..... so quite frankly there should not be doom and gloom here either. It's that close in L2! Would be good for some of the injuries to clear up though!

I think a big positive is that EASTWOOD and HARRIS showed some very good signs, according to the threads ive been reading.All we need is someone to put the ball into the back of the net again, Team creating the chances.

Agreed - maybe time for Luggy to swallow his pride and get our two 'footballers' in and around the side before the season passes us by. Get these two game time and surround them with grafters and we will see us playing better football, also result wise....we can't get much worse.

Come on Sturrock, you've tried practically everything else except playing Eastwood and Harris. Do everything it takes, arrange a couple of behind closed doors games a week, plenty of local sides (ESL & Ryman) would love to play Southend and our fringe players (Coughlin, Spicer, Bentley, Woodyard, Lavery, Harris & Eastwood) get some much needed game time. It's not rocket science.

i fear our season all goes on wednesdays game, its a near miss from the play-offs this season i think:sad:

Just had a look at the Northampton forum and like all good supporters they moan even when they win. Their supporters complaints was that we should have been smashed up and never in with a sniff for the draw and that if they'd been playing our first choice team they'd be beat..... so quite frankly there should not be doom and gloom here either. It's that close in L2! Would be good for some of the injuries to clear up though!

We must have the most negative fans in the league though. Straight after Langmead's winner I saw a Cobblers fan on twitter moan that we only scored from 2 throw ins, literally 2 minutes after the goal. We could sign Messi and some people would moan "How's he going to defend set pieces?" The Hotel End isn't representative of our support at all!

What a **** day but we are still only 6 points off automatic promotion.Not so much doom and gloom as i was led to believe. Cmon you blues :loyalsupporter::cheers::party::soapbox::guitar::kev::heading::moon::cool::omg::clap::happy:
We absolutely have to put a run together now if we are to stand any chance of either 3rd place or a play off spot. No more slip ups, anything less will make things too difficult.

Come on Sturrock, you've tried practically everything else except playing Eastwood and Harris. Do everything it takes, arrange a couple of behind closed doors games a week, plenty of local sides (ESL & Ryman) would love to play Southend and our fringe players (Coughlin, Spicer, Bentley, Woodyard, Lavery, Harris & Eastwood) get some much needed game time. It's not rocket science.

Agree with this too which is worrying as i spout tripe apparently :facepalm:

Agreed - maybe time for Luggy to swallow his pride and get our two 'footballers' in and around the side before the season passes us by. Get these two game time and surround them with grafters and we will see us playing better football, also result wise....we can't get much worse.

He did play them together at the back end of last season and it largely worked a treat so I don't get the whole 'swallow his pride' thing at all. He knows it's a good combination. It's hardly Luggy's fault if they are barely ever fit at the same time.

We absolutely have to put a run together now if we are to stand any chance of either 3rd place or a play off spot. No more slip ups, anything less will make things too difficult.

Absolutely right. We've played 32 League games so far. After the same number of games last season, we were in 3rd on 59 points. That's an advantage of 6 places and 12 points over where we are now. We have very little room for error...

Back