• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thought this to myself last night as the clocks ticked over midnight! What a night that was.! Wish I could relive it or place a bet on it!!

Two things:

Firstly, are we going to have to watch this every year? (And if the answer is "no" I'll want to know why!)

Secondly, have any of you ever met a Man U fan who will admit to being there? I have. One. I now work with him!

I'll always remember this day and where I was. At uni, in the bar, surrounded by about 60 Man U plastics and going absolutely mental. What a night, and what a hangover the following day!

:smile:

I remember leaving the ground with my mobile going off left right and centre, i have never been so popular, with congratulations coming from people i hadn't heard from in years!!

I expected this to be front page news on all the nationals today and yet I was met with endless coverage about some ****ing contest between a Muslim and a Mormon. Is that what counts as news these days?

Two things:

Firstly, are we going to have to watch this every year? (And if the answer is "no" I'll want to know why!)

Secondly, have any of you ever met a Man U fan who will admit to being there? I have. One. I now work with him!

I remember this very well. Back of the East Stand Greens... Perfect view of the goal. Ahh...

At the time, I sat next to a Man United fan, who is actually from the North West. Shock, horror.

I got in just before 9am, most people were in the office, and very much knew that I was a Southend fan (the mousemat, mug and coaster gave it away). They all waited for me to say something, but I didn't. I simply hung up my coat, sat down, said good morning and got on with my work. The Man United fan couldn't look at me all day as he was waiting for me to start having a go. I refrained, and simply had a big smile on my face...

Good times...

Never forget the feeling from the crowd with minutes to go,that we could do the impossible maybe,just so bloody beautiful,we love you Freddie and your a true Shrimper legend.

Never have I hugged so many total strangers. One of the best feelings I've ever had was walking out the ground that night.

I remember this very well. Back of the East Stand Greens... Perfect view of the goal. Ahh...

At the time, I sat next to a Man United fan, who is actually from the North West. Shock, horror.

I got in just before 9am, most people were in the office, and very much knew that I was a Southend fan (the mousemat, mug and coaster gave it away). They all waited for me to say something, but I didn't. I simply hung up my coat, sat down, said good morning and got on with my work. The Man United fan couldn't look at me all day as he was waiting for me to start having a go. I refrained, and simply had a big smile on my face...

Good times...

I went into work the day after wearing a Southend United top. It was the old fashioned centenary edition one. It's the only time I have ever worn a SUFC shirt for anything other than watching SUFC, and it is the only time I have ever worn that shirt!

I never get bored of reminding people about this and telling them that we're the only club in the world with a 100% record against Manchester United (and long may we hold onto that title). Sadly most Man U 'fans' I speak to nowadays don't remember it - selective memory maybe. I just remember going to school the following morning and it seemed like everyone who didn't support Man U was a Southend fan for the day, one boy even printed that photo of the scoreboard.

Happy 'We beat Manchester United' day everybody! :party::cheers:

Mate of mine became a father today and named his little girl Matilda (Tilly) in honour of the great man.

He's a Manure "supporter".....:hilarious:

Back