• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

7/7

RIP to all those who lost their lifes on that fateful day.

I still remember that day so clearly. I arrived at Liverpool Street just after the first bomb has gone off.

Remember it too - was driving up to Stoke for work and spent the afternoon trying to contact mates who worked in London.

RIP one and all.

Yeah, it hit me just as I was going to bed last night and the date 'July 7th' was there on the front of my phone and it brought back all sorts of sad memories. One of London's darkest ever days - it made me feel proud the following day seeing so many people still trying to get the tube to work. There was no way that bunch of no-marks were going to stop our great city.

RIP

I look after a gite for a client and we have a young fireman and his family staying,they are here sat but he was at the bus and the way he describes the aftermath is horrific just to listen to let alone having seen it or been caught up in it.
Now it seems they are going to put bombs inside thier bodys,why oh why.
RIP and respect to all those that help in anyway whatso ever.

I had a narrow escape that day. I was staying in Kent the night before, and so had to go to Charing Cross, then Paddington on Bakerloo line. When I got on the tube, there was no bakerloo line. I went to get circle line, almost took wrong direction, then got on anti-clockwise branch. I was now running late, but work knew I was coming in from Kent, so I thought I would be OK. Got to Bayswater and the tube stopped. There for 2 hours. Driver said network issues. We got led out of front ot tube, onto tracks and out of station. No one knew what happened. Got to Tescos for a drink and saw the news!!! Phoned work, they were worried abot me. Still remember trying to phone people and no network. Missus and Mum trying to call me all morning - and then I saw that the tube at Edgware was very close.....

went to work next day, got a seat on the tube no problem. Figured safest day to travel!

Remember it well.

Was working on Chiswell Street at the time which is just of Moorgate. All the sudden I get a call from the Mrs at the time (The Croydon Lap Dancer) and she tells me there has been a bomb at Liverpool Street. I called my Dad to make sure he was ok and he was. Next thing I know we get an annoucement over the tannoy that there has been a number of bombs in the area including they believed one at Moorgate.

Totally **** myself. I suddenly started to think how good life was. I know it sounds silly but you see bombs on the TV but they dont go off around you. (Not that it was that close I know)

I was on the eigth floor of a big banks HQ and I was thinking oh my god. Next thing we see Police in the street sprinting to get to Aldgate. Seriously freaked everyone out. All the mobile networks stopped so we cant even tell our love ones. Trying to get on with work but no chance. We turned the pricing screens over to Sky news and watched it unfold one by one.

The Bank I was working for had an emergency vault underneath the building for things like this and were told we might have to go down there as there was rumours of a chemical attack. Luckily it came to nothing. Can honestly say its probably the only time in my life that I have ever realised that I am not imortal.

My full full respect goes to all the emergency services. As we cowared in our offices they ran towards a bomb when your human instict is to run away. They get a lot of stick but as a family man I wouldnt do that yet they do for not that much money.

My thoughts go to all effected by the awful mindless bombings.

PS I went to work the next day - One of only four out of thirty plus that did. Best day for travel ever....Got a carrage to myself..

As much as it was an incredibly sad day, and for those families who lost loved ones, life changed for the worse forever.

However I also remember a great sense of pride in how London coped, and that the very next day a very large percentage of the population were back out on the streets doing their thing. One of the principle aims of terrorism is to instil terror into the population - we didn't let that happen.

May the victims rest in peace, forever remembered.

memorial_1736277c.jpg

I got to Fenchurch around 9.40 and Tower Hill was closed, but we will still being directed to Aldgate where a bomb had gone off - cheers for that. Everything was in chaos, I couldn't make a mobile call and had to find a phone box to call work. A part from when there was a tube strike, I don't recall seeing so many people walking in London.

Remember working at preschool and having to deal with plenty of worried mums collecting their kids at the end of the morning session, and absolutely wetting myself over the then old man, brother in laws and sister and their safety whilst trying to keep acting normally for the kids in our care. RIP, never forgotten.

R.I.P.

Awful day, we had a gig that night in Southend I did a little speech and then got everyone there to stick their finger in the air and shout "**** Terrorism"!

Back