• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

7 year old in quad bike death

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Old news now but this is ****ing me off:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7161165.stm

My 7 year old daughter got Barbie dolls for Christmas not a bloody Quad bike. I worry about giving my 10 year old boy 12 rated video games, would I let him loose on the public road at 7pm in the evening on a Quad bike no bloody way.

I didn't get a train set for christmas until I was 8 years old and this girl gets an adult quad bike at 7 years old? I'm sorry but the parent/s of this poor little girl are worse than the McCanns. I know the full facts of this incident are not known yet and the driver of the other vehicle may well have been over the drink drive limit, but a 7 year old and a 10 year old were driving Quad bikes on the public road at 7pm at night:( .

EDIT:- It would appear that the 'Quadzilla Pro-Shark quad bike' is not an Adult Quad bike but a 'childs' bike probably aimed at 12+ age group.

Last edited:
Old news now but this is ****ing me off:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7161165.stm

My 7 year old daughter got Barbie dolls for Christmas not a bloody Quad bike. I worry about giving my 10 year old boy 12 rated video games, would I let him loose on the public road at 7pm in the evening on a Quad bike no bloody way.

I didn't get a train set for christmas until I was 8 years old and this girl gets an adult quad bike at 7 years old? I'm sorry but the parent/s of this poor little girl are worse than the McCanns. I know the full facts of this incident are not known yet and the driver of the other vehicle may well have been over the drink drive limit, but a 7 year old and a 10 year old were driving Quad bikes on the public road at 7pm at night:( .

This happened in Blackmore very close to where I live. Apparently from what I have heard is that she had no lights on the Quad bike and she was hit on a bend, so the Range Rover driver had no chance of avoiding her as they came around the corner

Yeah, I travel through those back lanes to get upto Ongar on my way to Stanstead but, **** me, they're dangerous roads and I dont travel on them at night.

They are certainly no place for youngsters on quad bikes. Its a tragedy and no mistaking but I'm sure it could've been avoided if a little common sense was applied.

Watching the news report on the story on boxing day it was said that the Quad Bikes in question cost approximately £1200 each, and the family bought 2! Bit plush...

Watching the news report on the story on boxing day it was said that the Quad Bikes in question cost approximately £1200 each, and the family bought 2! Bit plush...

From looking at the house they live in(pictures in paper), they look very rich

From looking at the house they live in(pictures in paper), they look very rich

Blackmore is a wealthy area, Scott....

Quite what the parents were thinking in letting their children ride them on public roads at night is beyond me, these are exactly the jkind of people that should be banned from having children! :p

Blackmore is a wealthy area, Scott....

Quite what the parents were thinking in letting their children ride them on public roads at night is beyond me, these are exactly the jkind of people that should be banned from having children! :p

I'm not sure that is true, they have showed a criminal lack of judgement in allowing their children to have these machines in the first place. Such a tragedy shows this up.

The lack of common sense was to allow these things to be ridden on the road by children.

I heard on the radio that the chilrens dad was driving a 4x4 in front of the two quad bikes so I guess they thought that would be sufficient. And prob would have been normally.

However, 7 years old on a public road with a quadbike.....come on, thats stupid.

Indeed RobM, the father deserves locking up for being so reckless. Tantamount to death by dangeous driving on his part. Investigations no doubt will begin soon and IMO the other child of 10 should be placed in temporary foster care or with other family as neither mother or father are fit to look after kids. More money than sense, but only until the solicitors bills come in.

TRAGIC

Feel really bad for the woman in the other Range Rover though (provided she was driving legally)

Back