• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

8,651 - C*l Ewes record attendance at lego brick box

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
8,651 against us was C*l ewes record attendance at the western community homes stadium or whatever its called, thats nothing compared to the Hall, we had 8,920

Last edited:
we had 8,920 at the hall
can a mod please change the thread title to 8,651 typo, sorry

Must say I was very impressed wih the view from our stand and what deep joy at not having to peer around a post during every bit of goalmouth action. On a down side the getting away from the ground was a nightmare as I chose to pay a fiver and park in one of the industrial parks with only one sevice road out onto the road. We sat for a whole hour without moving and I dare say a contributing factor as to why the locals havn't warmed to the place. Did anybody have any problems in town parking at the station? Think I will go for that option next season if Col U manage to stay up.

We parked at the station (£2 all day) but being "locals" we used the side part accessed via Three Crowns Road. No queueing to get out of the car park. On the downside we walked from the ground back to the station; took about 30 minutes.
From the ground to home it took about 1 hour - so about the same as Roots Hall to home!

On a down side the getting away from the ground was a nightmare as I chose to pay a fiver and park in one of the industrial parks with only one sevice road out onto the road. We sat for a whole hour without moving

same here, was a nightmare.

thought the ground was embarassing to be honest. view was fine as to be expected but it was like breeze block city.

if our new ground is anything like this then i would be very dissappointed.

Left lego land and was back in thundersley in 1hr.

Just as we was pulling up at home heard on bbc essex said fans were stuck in the car park still.

I've got to be honest and say i thought it is not a bad little ground. Only obvious problem is access. As for comparing the crowds at the relative fixtures, When you take the capactities of the two grounds into consideration, I would have thought they were not too dissimilar?

I've got to be honest and say i thought it is not a bad little ground. Only obvious problem is access. As for comparing the crowds at the relative fixtures, When you take the capactities of the two grounds into consideration, I would have thought they were not too dissimilar?

Thank god someone else thought the stadium was good. I thought it was very good, good view from wherever, nice layout, shame about transport out but at least they did have parking facilities.

I was quite impressed.

What would be more embarrassing would be a Tuesday crown of 6,500 in a 23,000 seater stadium !

Thank god someone else thought the stadium was good. I thought it was very good, good view from wherever, nice layout, shame about transport out but at least they did have parking facilities.

I was quite impressed.

What would be more embarrassing would be a Tuesday crown of 6,500 in a 23,000 seater stadium !

Or attendances of 2000 in a 30000+ capacity stadium that used to be Roots Hall for that matter.

3 +s for me about the ground - the ladies' loos were about the best I've seen - anywhere at football!; the seats (in the "stadium", not the loos!) were extra wide (too many fat bums in north Essex!); really liked being that close to the pitch and with unobstructed views - oh, I suppose 4 things.....it's not Layer Road!

The breeze blocks and steel make it very soulless, and the access back to the A12 was an absolute joke!

Or attendances of 2000 in a 30000+ capacity stadium that used to be Roots Hall for that matter.
Yes and i bet the toilets in the west stand had 2 inches of urine on the floor, like last tues (crewe)some things never change,anyway i must say the scums ground was excellent,just the transport in and out a problem.

We parked at the station (£2 all day) but being "locals" we used the side part accessed via Three Crowns Road. No queueing to get out of the car park. On the downside we walked from the ground back to the station; took about 30 minutes.
From the ground to home it took about 1 hour - so about the same as Roots Hall to home!

Thats what we did, but sod waiting in those queues for a coach. Plus I think walking back to the station was the best option as looking at the traffic/police and problems going on it was the best option.

Thats what we did, but sod waiting in those queues for a coach. Plus I think walking back to the station was the best option as looking at the traffic/police and problems going on it was the best option.

Yep we walked back to the station didn't fancy sitting on a bus again with that lot anyway it took about 20/25 minutes, we saw a bit of aggro aswell but nothing too major there was alot of old bill about!

I thought the stadium itself was quite tidy, reminded me a lot of Sixfields, but only bigger. My only point regarding the build of the stadium was the fact it had 4 open corners, rather than being completely enclosed, which would have been preferrable.

My biggest point is the view from where I sat - I was in block 4, Row S, and seat 110-112 - this meant I had a bloody great wall to my left completely blocking the view of the corner flag and about 20 yards down the left touch line as I was looking at it. That is DISGRACEFUL for a new stadium, but it gets better - that was a £22 ticket, with no mention of the word Restricted View!!!

I shall be contacing both Colchester and Southend on Monday (in particular Colchester) and asking why the ground was designed like this, and on top of that, how they can justify selling this ticket for £22 when you can't see the entire game!!

I thought I had gone to Milton Keynes when I arrived at Col Ewe's ground yesterday...... Was a bit like the National Hockey Stadium

Did anyone else spot the design fault of having a stripe of white seats behind the home end goal,making it difficult to pick out the frame of the goal?

It would have been OK if it had been full behind the goal,but even for a local derby,THERE WAS NO-ONE THERE!!!

Did anyone else spot the design fault of having a stripe of white seats behind the home end goal,making it difficult to pick out the frame of the goal?

It would have been OK if it had been full behind the goal,but even for a local derby,THERE WAS NO-ONE THERE!!!

Good point, I also llike to see the corners filled in , even with a couple of trees or something. Open corners always make a stadium feel colder and I expect they notice it on the pitch more with the wind playing havoc with the ball direction as well.

Back