• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

8 Souls murdered in New York

An ever growing worrying trend that "mowing down" pedestrians, as an effective way of killing people seems to be the preferred weapon of choice for terrorists lately. It's only been 5 months since the last one in New York.
Add to that, the attackers using the same method in London, Barcelona, Nice, Paris, Edmonton, Jerusalem, Berlin & Stockholm etc, to name but a few.

Although i'm surprised that in this case, the guy....A: didn't have a real gun (unlike most of gun toting America) just a paintball gun and bb pistol apparently?....And B: The police didn't shoot him dead on the spot, as seems to be the normal case according to the media lately.

Last edited:
8 now confirmed dead, though I did hear 13 mentioned earlier. The murderer is reportedly from Uzbekistan, and lived in Tampa for 7 years - they walk among us. RIP the victims :sad:

Last edited:
Perhaps Sadiq Khan should take to Twitter to tell the world that New York is a no- go area and can't look after their own. Police and government at a loss, that kind of thing.

Just a thought.

Perhaps Sadiq Khan should take to Twitter to tell the world that New York is a no- go area and can't look after their own. Police and government at a loss, that kind of thing.

Just a thought.

What you mean like the thing he never said ever?

An ever growing worrying trend that "mowing down" pedestrians, as an effective way of killing people seems to be the preferred weapon of choice for terrorists lately. It's only been 5 months since the last one in New York.
Add to that, the attackers using the same method in London, Barcelona, Nice, Paris, Edmonton, Jerusalem, Berlin & Stockholm etc, to name but a few.

Although i'm surprised that in this case, the guy....A: didn't have a real gun (unlike most of gun toting America) just a paintball gun and bb pistol apparently?....And B: The police didn't shoot him dead on the spot, as seems to be the normal case according to the media lately.

A lot of these guys don't want to be taken alive, he probably had the BB gun hoping the police would mistake it for a real gun and kill him. I'm not 100% but I think the gun laws are a bit stricter in New York than most of America so he may have struggled to find a real one.

Not really sure why you'd use a terrorist attack to be flippant and dismissive about sexual harassment, tbh.

This.

Pretty ****ing appalling, actually.

I disagree. Some of the utter twaddle being portrayed as "sexual harrassment" is ridiculous. Touching a knee can be a sign of reassurance, comfort, comradeship, congratulations - the fact people are trying to make this appear wrong somehow is a gross over-reaction. I felt the comment was more telling people to stop making mountains out of (imaginary) molehills and to have some perspective, might have known you two would take umbrage to it though and get on some moral higher plain.

I disagree. Some of the utter twaddle being portrayed as "sexual harrassment" is ridiculous. Touching a knee can be a sign of reassurance, comfort, comradeship, congratulations - the fact people are trying to make this appear wrong somehow is a gross over-reaction. I felt the comment was more telling people to stop making mountains out of (imaginary) molehills and to have some perspective, might have known you two would take umbrage to it though and get on some moral higher plain.

Well Fallon has resigned over it. Touching a knee can also mean "look I'm a powerful man, fancy a shag?"

Well Fallon has resigned over it. Touching a knee can also mean "look I'm a powerful man, fancy a shag?"

Maybe if you're a social justice warrior, who wakes up looking to be offended. I can't, in good faith, imagine that a normal, level headed & reasonable person, would ever connect the two

Maybe if you're a social justice warrior, who wakes up looking to be offended. I can't, in good faith, imagine that a normal, level headed & reasonable person, would ever connect the two

Well, when you wake up as a woman let me know eh, then I think you're allowed a view on what makes sexual harrassment and what doesn't.

And just to re-iterate, Fallon has resigned.

I think that was deliberate - put the knee touching on the front page of a 'newspaper' and all of the cases that follow are already seen as more trivial by association. They are trying to play the public, as ever.

The murdering of random strangers has no connection to sexual harassment and I'd be surprised if they are put together anywhere other than in the opening post here.

Well, when you wake up as a woman let me know eh, then I think you're allowed a view on what makes sexual harrassment and what doesn't.

I'm a woman, and no, I've never been offended by anyone touching my knee (ask Wino!!!) or putting a hand on my shoulder or anything else that's been done for friendly reasons. I understand that some have misused their position but the world is getting its collective knickers in a twist about some really odd things at present.

The comment wasn't to trivialise what's happened in America, very far from it.

How about the view of the reporter whose knee he touched, who has says she doesn't see what the fuss is about and didn't feel intimidated at any time, doesn't her opinion count more than anyone else on the matter?

Some unconfirmed reports are saying Fallon resigned because he couldn't guarantee the PM that other stories wouldn't start coming out (the reporter whose knee was touched herself has said on ITV just now that there must be other stuff coming out otherwise the resignation doesn't make sense), it's all speculation at the moment but if true you can't really say he resigned over touching a knee, there could be something much worse that he did and the Tories want to do damage control now before it gets out.

How about the view of the reporter whose knee he touched, who has says she doesn't see what the fuss is about and didn't feel intimidated at any time, doesn't her opinion count more than anyone else on the matter?

It does beg the question why that reporter raised the issue after all these years then, Julia Hartley Brewer appears to be competing to be the next Katie Hopkins when it comes to controversial statements for self publicity.
If , as she said , it was ok at the time , why did she bring it up unless there was an ulterior motive, maybe to undermine or belittle the whole sexual harassment debate.

Intimidation or harassment is an individuals concept, it is not up to anyone, men in particular , to define what any particular woman finds intimidating . Everyone should have empathy for other peoples feelings and should consider what their actions, however trivial they think they might be , will have on others, rather than blundering off on the "I can do what I like as I don't think its doing any harm" track. I like to think that is part of being a decent human being.

Last edited:
I'm a woman, and no, I've never been offended by anyone touching my knee (ask Wino!!!) or putting a hand on my shoulder or anything else that's been done for friendly reasons. I understand that some have misused their position but the world is getting its collective knickers in a twist about some really odd things at present.

But surely it depends on a multitude of factors here:

If you know the man or if it's a complete stranger.
If the hand lingers or travels upwards
The body language of the toucher

It seems there has been a bit of a watershed over the last few months after Harvey Weinstein where a generation of men abused their power and privalege to think they can do what they want to another less influential, less privaleged human being be they female (Weinstein/Fallon/Polanski) or male (Spacey), and I think this is the tip of the iceberg - it wouldn't at all suprise me if it wasn't rife in the entertainment industries, politics and virtually everywhere.

However, this has got nothing to do with those poor sods who got mown down in NY so perhaps this thread should be locked and a new one opened - or just left to rot.

Back