• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
With our boys sitting top and currently providing us with the best start to a season for 21 years. It's now time for the people of Southend and Essex to support their local side.

We are unbeaten in 10 games and have won 9 of those and next Saturday Nov 5th, we face 4th placed Oxford in what should be a cracking encounter at Roots Hall.

We know our club hasn't got two pennies to rub together. Especially when it comes to the marketing side of things. So let's give our club a helping hand and help promote the game.

I'm sure most of us know someone or know of someone who would be interested in seeing this game. So get on to them and bring them down The Hall next Saturday.

Whether you can convince somone to come to the game or not, the one thing you can do is promote the game. Whether that be via Twitter, Facebook, Email, Txt or good old word of mouth.

Bring a mate and lets gate 8,000 through the gate and cheer our boys on to victory.

Up the Blues!

Please share on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132970876808680&context=create#!/event.php?eid=132970876808680

#8ThruTheG8

Unless something happens I shall be there for this one with a mate. :thumbsup:

Only been 15 months since my last match!

8000 is possible considering the size of the game and the improved away support that we will see.

Me and 3 mates will be their.

Oxford have failed to take less than 500 to any Saturday away game this season so i think we can expect around 800-1000 visitors next weekend .. 8 is doable but i was shocked at the level of our last attendance so i'm going to say it'll be 6860

With our boys sitting top and currently providing us with the best start to a season for 21 years. It's now time for the people of Southend and Essex to support their local side.

We are unbeaten in 10 games and have won 9 of those and next Saturday Nov 5th, we face 4th placed Oxford in what should be a cracking encounter at Roots Hall.

We know our club hasn't got two pennies to rub together. Especially when it comes to the marketing side of things. So let's give our club a helping hand and help promote the game.

I'm sure most of us know someone or know of someone who would be interested in seeing this game. So get on to them and bring them down The Hall next Saturday.

Whether you can convince somone to come to the game or not, the one thing you can do is promote the game. Whether that be via Twitter, Facebook, Email, Txt or good old word of mouth.

Bring a mate and lets gate 8,000 through the gate and cheer our boys on to victory.

Up the Blues!

Please share on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132970876808680&context=create#!/event.php?eid=132970876808680

#8ThruTheG8

I will be amazed if we have anything near this , as Lee has said the Torquay home support numbers were awful, Will be happy with 7000, I brought 58 (plus me and son) to the Torquay match , probably/hopefully will bring 20 to Oxford game fingers crossed

Oxford have failed to take less than 500 to any Saturday away game this season so i think we can expect around 800-1000 visitors next weekend .. 8 is doable but i was shocked at the level of our last attendance so i'm going to say it'll be 6860

Was lower than I thought it would be but it was only my second miss of the season, I was in Newcastle with both sons for a family thing, and it was the start of half-term - a surprising amount of people go away for the October half-term.

So with the half-term over and a 1st v 4th clash on the agenda I think we'll see a few more through the gate and don't think 8000 is out of the question. In fact, will be a bit disappointed if it's much less TBH.

Does anyone have contacts with Essex FM, Southend Radio or any of the other local/national media companies, that can perhaps give this game a big plug as a favour?

58? Fantastic effort!

scout group so half kids, probably bringing my sons football team this saturday. have convinced one mate and his son to come more often, up from two or three matches a season to two out of three, and another guy from none to one in three. Now is the time to try and get others to come, if we cant get them while we are winning there is no chance.

I'm coming AGAIN with Son and Grandson v Oxford, AND with my chum and his dad we are all going to Morecambe in Feb...so there!! COYB.

If this match was on a Friday night I'm sure we'd hit 8k, but I suspect it'll be nearer 7k on the day. There's still many staying away because of Ron Martin's continued involvement with the club, and there's still a lot who just can't afford it.

Good news already ahead of Saturdays game ... Robbie Hall has been recalled by West Ham. He had netted 6 in 10 games and had been instrumental for Oxford so far this season.

Back