• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

7, and I left those I didnt know rather than get points for lucky guesses.

12/15
"Not bad buddy, not bad. With a bit more air guitar practice, you could easily join Guns N' Roses"

9/15. And that pleases me...I hate most of the eighties music.

Pah, some of the most influential and interesting bands came from that era. Wasn't all Spandau Ballet & Duran Duran you know.

The Smiths, The Cure, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Jam, The Pogues, The Stone Roses....I could go on and on and on.

Pah, some of the most influential and interesting bands came from that era. Wasn't all Spandau Ballet & Duran Duran you know.

The Smiths, The Cure, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Jam, The Pogues, The Stone Roses....I could go on and on and on.

Surely more 70s than 80s?

Duran Duran were a quality band. Rio is one of my favourite albums.

9/15.

As an aside, the 80s were my favourite decade for music. Smiths, New Order, Pixies, Billy Bragg, ABC, late years of The Jam, best years of REM, NWA, early Nirvana, Public Enemy, Michael Jackson, Housemartins, Crowded House, De La Soul, Deacon Blue and, of course Chas N Dave and The Matchroom Mob with Snooker Loopy.

9/15.

As an aside, the 80s were my favourite decade for music. Smiths, New Order, Pixies, Billy Bragg, ABC, late years of The Jam, best years of REM, NWA, early Nirvana, Public Enemy, Michael Jackson, Housemartins, Crowded House, De La Soul, Deacon Blue and, of course Chas N Dave and The Matchroom Mob with Snooker Loopy.

I feel Nirvana put a dampener on the baggy/acid/Madchester good times of the late 80's and early 90's with Kurt's filthy cardigans and dirty smackhead ways.

If I catch either of my kids in a Nirvana hoodie they will be straight into a military academy before they know it.

12/15 - I echo MC in his appreciation of 'Rio'.

It is still a goal of mine to cruise the oceans on a massive yacht whilst wearing a lime green suit.

What ambitions do today's young Nirvana fans have other than hanging outside WH Smith's dressed like ***ts?

I feel Nirvana put a dampener on the baggy/acid/Madchester good times of the late 80's and early 90's with Kurt's filthy cardigans and dirty smackhead ways.

If I catch either of my kids in a Nirvana hoodie they will be straight into a military academy before they know it.
Though Albarn has recently come out as saying he was a smackhead too. Though being from Colchester you would need something pretty strong to help you forget....

Though Albarn has recently come out as saying he was a smackhead too. Though being from Colchester you would need something pretty strong to help you forget....

Whilst I appreciate Blurs contribution to baggy in my opinion Damon Albarn and Alex James are two of the brightest stars in the firmament of premier cru, taste the difference, vanden plas knob jockeys.

I got 10 - however I was by bizarre coincidence wearing the T-shirt for no 10 after not worn it for about 3 years. Now to dig out my Stan Collymore autographed Elonex top for Sunday - got to be an omen if ever i saw I or II or III (but not the remakes no way Pedro)

Oh and Prince, Madonna, Pet Shop Boys, Guns N' Roses' best album and Roy Orbison's wonderful swansong

Back