• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parold

Youth Team
Champions Gillingham finished the season on 83 points, the same total as we achieved last season finishing 4th. Before anyone comments, I can confirm that I am bitter and live in the past.

Well its the point (no pun intended) when I defended Sturrock last season.

Last season was deemed a failure on his part, yet would have made us champions this year, and we had stronger opponents then as well.

Just goes to show how disappointing this season.

We got the same record as our first season with Sturrock in charge - 16 wins, 13 draws and 17 defeats - but our home and away record have nearly swapped around.

Just shows how tough it was last year. From those promoted, Swindon managed the league one playoffs, Crawley missed out and finished 10th, Crewe finished 13th and Shrewsbury finished 16th.

Those that finished in the play-offs last season, it is interesting to see where they finished this season. We finished 11th, and Cheltenham managed another play-off spot, but Torquay finished in 19th!

People also seem to forget we were crowned league one champions with just 82 points. Colchester came up automatically with us, with a grand total of 79 points! I think we have the right to feel hard done by in fairness.

Champions Gillingham finished the season on 83 points, the same total as we achieved last season finishing 4th. Before anyone comments, I can confirm that I am bitter and live in the past.

And 0 points from a game we had already won (yeah, yeah, anything could have happened. Three badgers could have run onto the pitch and deflected goals into the top corner for the opposition, blah, blah). Whatever has happened since, we were desperately unlucky not to have been promoted last year. Football, eh!? It's never black and white. Unlike badgers, you always know where you are with them.

I did think this then realised it's the past and I need to get over it. Getting 83 points last season has no effect on what we have done his year. Perhaps we should have got 61 points last season and 83 points this season.

Anyone got a time machine?

And 0 points from a game we had already won (yeah, yeah, anything could have happened. Three badgers could have run onto the pitch and deflected goals into the top corner for the opposition, blah, blah). Whatever has happened since, we were desperately unlucky not to have been promoted last year. Football, eh!? It's never black and white. Unlike badgers, you always know where you are with them.

I'm not saying it's impossible , but I think it's highly unlikely myself.
For a start , you are limiting the possibility only to night games or maybe late second half during the winter.
Extremely unlikely you're going to see them in daylight.

This is a silly thread. I've never seen three badgers together, and those I have seen have shown little in terms of ball skills. If the badger community really were responsible for us missing promotion then, well, they should be ashamed of themselves.

This is a silly thread. I've never seen three badgers together, and those I have seen have shown little in terms of ball skills. If the badger community really were responsible for us missing promotion then, well, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I saw three badgers in close proximity on the A127 a couple of weeks ago. They all looked very tired and very flat though.

This is a silly thread. I've never seen three badgers together, and those I have seen have shown little in terms of ball skills. If the badger community really were responsible for us missing promotion then, well, they should be ashamed of themselves.[/QUOTE]

That's why we are culling the little swine down my way.

They are rather Sett in their ways........................... I'll get my coat :'(

I saw three badgers in close proximity on the A127 a couple of weeks ago. They all looked very tired and very flat though.

Bad positional sense can cause exhaustion late in a game. They need to be aware of each other but leave space, and the A127 is a bigger playing surface than most badgers are used to. Your scouting missions are greatly appreciated by the club and its supporters.

I prefer a nicely chilled Golden Glory myself...............one of badgers finest.........

Back