• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

85 full time staff??????

hindle_666

Manager
Heard a rumour last night that we have 85 full time staff at the club and got me thinking does a club our size need this?

Obviously some of the lowest earners will lose their job IF we go into administration unfortunatly(bar staff,call centre etc),the people at the bottom always seem to be worst affected.

But that got me thinking about what the highest earners do?

* (Chief Executive) I dont know what this entails but what does this involve that Ron cant take care of?

* (Stadium Manager) Does this really warrant a full time postion?

These are only 2 off the top of my head but im sure there is others on a very high income that does fairly little?

Heard a rumour last night that we have 85 full time staff at the club and got me thinking does a club our size need this?

Obviously some of the lowest earners will lose their job IF we go into administration unfortunatly(bar staff,call centre etc),the people at the bottom always seem to be worst affected.

But that got me thinking about what the highest earners do?

* (Chief Executive) I dont know what this entails but what does this involve that Ron cant take care of?

* (Stadium Manager) Does this really warrant a full time postion?

These are only 2 off the top of my head but im sure there is others on a very high income that does fairly little?

In a strange way, I'm a thinking that administration may be what the club needs...... who actually does runs the Club? Mr Martin has a foot in two camps and that has always made me uneasy. An administrator would fight solely the Clubs corner - and maybe answer more than a few questions, such as a couple above.

It's not a rumour it's in the clubs accounts and I think the last set of accounts revealed the figure at 95.

Out of the board members I'd suggest that the only members that are salaried will be the Chief Exec - Geoffrey King and the Commercial Director - Garry Adamson.

While I dislike the charmless Dave Jobson, the position of stadium manager has to be permanent, as it's very simplistic to suggest it's used every rwo weeks. For a start, and as far as I am aware the market is still held there twice weekly. I am sure that there must be constant maintainence for the stadium to keep it up with H&S requirements. And don't forget the clubs offices constitute part of the main stadium. The ground and pitch will be maintained (superbly) by the groundsman and his staff.

The club maintains the Media, Commercial & Marketing departments, Box office, although I understand the shop is now franchised out like the food outlets. On match days there's the requirement for bar staff, waiting staff, stewards, plus outside security, and policing, and last but not least the Bluebelles, match day announcers etc.

I haven't the foggiest idea as to what the highest earners make, nor for that matter have no idea as to their productivity. However having had a number of dealings with Garry Adamson I'd say he's worth every penny.

With no assets administration is a risk...........makes me think back to the late 90s when RM and Delancy bailed us out of going into administration....at least we would have had the ground and boots and laces as assets againts our debts back then what do we have now.

Hold on a minute - programmes sellers, turnstile op's etc. are NOT full time so I imagine it's 95 employees including the match-day only people.

It's not a rumour it's in the clubs accounts and I think the last set of accounts revealed the figure at 95.

Out of the board members I'd suggest that the only members that are salaried will be the Chief Exec - Geoffrey King and the Commercial Director - Garry Adamson.

While I dislike the charmless Dave Jobson, the position of stadium manager has to be permanent, as it's very simplistic to suggest it's used every rwo weeks. For a start, and as far as I am aware the market is still held there twice weekly. I am sure that there must be constant maintainence for the stadium to keep it up with H&S requirements. And don't forget the clubs offices constitute part of the main stadium. The ground and pitch will be maintained (superbly) by the groundsman and his staff.

The club maintains the Media, Commercial & Marketing departments, Box office, although I understand the shop is now franchised out like the food outlets. On match days there's the requirement for bar staff, waiting staff, stewards, plus outside security, and policing, and last but not least the Bluebelles, match day announcers etc.

I haven't the foggiest idea as to what the highest earners make, nor for that matter have no idea as to their productivity. However having had a number of dealings with Garry Adamson I'd say he's worth every penny.

Fair point what about the roll of chief executive?

Time for Geoff King to start trekking down to his local post office for his pension methinks.

Hold on a minute - programmes sellers, turnstile op's etc. are NOT full time so I imagine it's 95 employees including the match-day only people.

Er I think not....on match day I would say there is near on 200 people working at least.

Fair point what about the roll of chief executive?

In the case of Geoffrey King I can't comment beyond the fact that he appears to be a malign influence over the club. Not least his behaviour over the Leicester incident last season, but also for his valedictory remarks in the wake of the deparure of Alex Revell on loan.

Most MD's/CEO's will want to promote the benefits of their company within whatever sector they work in, foster good relationships with suppliers & customers, and also to extend the level of business for the company and hopefully its profitability. IMO Mr King is a more destructive force with his elephantine tread, and certainly not suited to his current role where he has to face his public.

In the case of Geoffrey King I can't comment beyond the fact that he appears to be a malign influence over the club. Not least his behaviour over the Leicester incident last season, but also for his valedictory remarks in the wake of the deparure of Alex Revell on loan.

Most MD's/CEO's will want to promote the benefits of their company within whatever sector they work in, foster good relationships with suppliers & customers, and also to extend the level of business for the company and hopefully its profitability. IMO Mr King is a more destructive force with his elephantine tread, and certainly not suited to his current role where he has to face his public.

make me wonder how much do we pay him to do this?

In a strange way, I'm a thinking that administration may be what the club needs...... who actually does runs the Club? Mr Martin has a foot in two camps and that has always made me uneasy. An administrator would fight solely the Clubs corner - and maybe answer more than a few questions, such as a couple above.

Ad administrator would be fighting the corner of the people the club owes money to.

I heard last night that GK is not actually employed by SUFC ie we don't pay his salary.

might be explained by this??????

Probably me doing 2+2 = 5, but looking at Companies House, Geoff King was appointed a director of Martin Dawn Plc in July 2009, I thought Geoff was nothing to do with Martin Dawn??

Seems strange this all changed in july pre season are we paying his wages through Rons other company so mr king can travel off with ron into the sunset(i hope not)

Last edited:
might be explained by this??????

Seems strange this all changed in july pre season are we paying his wages through Rons other company so mr king can travel off with ron into the sunset(i hope not)

Marries up with what I heard. Same for Admanson I believe aswell.

Er I think not....on match day I would say there is near on 200 people working at least.

the majority of the match day stewards, e.g car park, turnstiles and the security and stewards in the North Bank are all done by an outside organisation, and I would imagine they are paid x amount per game as some employers are sent home if they are over staffed.

the majority of the match day stewards, e.g car park, turnstiles and the security and stewards in the North Bank are all done by an outside organisation, and I would imagine they are paid x amount per game as some employers are sent home if they are over staffed.

i thought turnstile and car park staff were paid by the club?

I know who's on my hitlist for first three SUFC redundancies should we go into admin...;)

Let me guess, Geoff King is on that list?

Nothing personal, as half the world seems to hate him, but have you worked for/with him, or actualy know what he does for the club?

I see plenty of people slagging him off left, right and Chelsea, but most, if not all, have no real idea why. The people I know that have worked with/for him only say good things about him, and I'll be taking their views far more seriously than the fans on here...

Back