• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

9 games down, 16 points...

Where will we finish?

• Automatic Promotion

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Play-Offs

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • Upper Mid Table

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Lower Mid Table

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shrimper James

So come on then. We're nine games into the season now. Everybody always says give it ten games and then you'll know how the season's going to go so where does everybody think we'll end up...?

We had a poor start, but seem to be finding our feet of late, even if Leon Clarke is the only striker scoring for us (and he's not even our player yet). I think we'll fade away and finish 10th, despite giving it our best shot.

James

I still think we'll win the league, seeing nothing in this division so far to say otherwise.

Leon may be the only Striker scoring for us, but he's not the only player scoring; plenty more goals from the midfield and AB weighing in with 8-10 could be enough to see us remain in the play-off spots and on our way to Wem-ber-ley!!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who, as much as the trips to Cardiff were absolutely great, would love a day out at Wembley?!!!!

don't see any reason why we can't win this. forest and leeds are definitely a threat but i dont see why we can't beat them. nothing frightens me in this league and i would be disappointed if after this start we dont push on like we have done in the past

The top 10 at the end of the season will be made up of these ten sides, I reckon:

Orient
Swansea
Tranmere
Leeds
Forest
Hartlepool
Swindon
Southend
Doncaster
Carlisle

In which order they finish is a matter of pure speculation at the moment. When the season started, I said we'd finish in 7th. If Leon Clarke stays fit, then we might have a squeak at making the playoffs.

The top two will be Leeds and Carlisle, maybe.

Matt

Leon is scoring yes, but we are also the 2nd top scorers in the league, we also have one of the worst defensive records as well, but this has been sorted over the past few weeks.

16 games in, there is defo more to be positive about than negitive, for me one of the strengths is the depth of the squad - Tilly has tinkered in places, ie Collis , included both Richards and Barrett , bought in Bailey and Macca alongside King Kev . We defo have one of the strongest midfields in this league.

Our home crowds are also good, a few years ag, our crowds at home would have been around 4 and 4 and a half - we are averaging around 8 !!

Lets enjoy this , and hopefully the confidence that we saw in the two seasons prior to last seasons relegation , will continue to grow in strength.

Up the Blues !!

The top 10 at the end of the season will be made up of these ten sides, I reckon:

Orient
Swansea
Tranmere
Leeds
Forest
Hartlepool
Swindon Brighton
Southend
Doncaster Luton
Carlisle

These would be my choices... and would be disappointed if we missed out on playoffs because we are easily better than all but probably swansea, leeds and forest. i still reckon we will go up automatically in a four-way shootout

Leon may be the only Striker scoring for us, but he's not the only player scoring; plenty more goals from the midfield and AB weighing in with 8-10 could be enough to see us remain in the play-off spots and on our way to Wem-ber-ley!!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who, as much as the trips to Cardiff were absolutely great, would love a day out at Wembley?!!!!

You make a valid point but i'm not sure Adam Barrett is going to score 10 goals this year.

McCormack chips in but he'll miss quite few games through suspension later in the season.

Who else is scoring?

Again, not knocking the team, just playing devil's advocate.

You make a valid point but i'm not sure Adam Barrett is going to score 10 goals this year.

McCormack chips in but he'll miss quite few games through suspension later in the season.

Who else is scoring?

Again, not knocking the team, just playing devils advocate.

gower is due some goals, and we all know if he plays he will score. bailey also has a few already and i reckon we are looking a threat from set pieces and so a few will go in from our defenders also

Thought we could finish anywhere from about 5th - 10th without a goal scorer, but if Leon Clarke continues to score and we sign him play offs are certainly achieveable.

Dont see us winning it as I dont see us as strong as Leeds but who knows. It only takes a couple of wins or losses on the bounce and the look of the league is entirely different.

Who else is scoring?

Again, not knocking the team, just playing devil's advocate.

Bailey and Gower both can get goals, Id say Black can too.

When we got promoted we had Goater and Gray who both chipped in with 10-12 each but I think our midfield is more prolific now.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, the only side that have been better than us is Leeds.
However, I too think our promotoin push will peter out to a mid table finish.

Thsi Saturday will show us exactly where we stand.. I think playoffs at best...

Said play-offs at the start of the season, wont change my mind now. Although worried by our early form, was never in the Wiggy-school of doom and gloom merchants.

I didn't go but, from accounts I trust, we weren't worse than Leeds for 85 minutes, until Tilly's late tinkering royally ballsed us up.

We're only a point behind our championship season ! My heart says CHAMPIONS again but my head says upper mid table, but then two years ago i thought the same :D

Back